• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2008
    I recommend we take a politics out of this thread and discuss it somewhere else. I understand the relevance to Lennertz but this is starting to go in a different tangent.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Recorded a score for the "Quantum of Solace" video game.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. justin boggan wrote
    Recorded a score for the "Quantum of Solace" video game.

I hope it's as exciting as Callery's Everything or Nothing score, that has killer moments man
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2008
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    justin boggan wrote

I hope it's as exciting as Callery's Everything or Nothing score, that has killer moments man

I hope it just as brilliant as his "From Russia With Love (Video Game)" score. Now that was a knockout!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    justin boggan wrote

I hope it just as brilliant as his "From Russia With Love (Video Game)" score. Now that was a knockout!

-Erik-

Haven't heard that one yet, I like to hear it one day
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2008
    ME neither. Have to get this i guess?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. Christodoulides wrote

but how? There is only a game rip of it if I'm not mistaken
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, that wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    justin boggan wrote

-Erik-

Just what I was gonna say! punk wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

If you're nice to Lennertz he gives you things. wink
  5. Anthony wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

If you're nice to Lennertz he gives you things. wink

really? I can be extremely nice, like a puppy smile
  6. In my hopes to find new news on the "Bunyan and Babe" score, I searched Google; I found no new news, but this wonderful part of an interview with Lennertz; tell me this doesnt' get you excited about the score:

Interestingly enough, though, next year I am scoring an animated CGI movie called Bunyan and Babe that my friend and mentor, Basil Poledouris, was originally hired to do. It’s such an emotional project for me because Basil had written the theme before his passing and the producer is a close friend of his. He played me the theme which was one of the last pieces Basil had written and it is absolutely gorgeous…vintage Poledouris in terms of melody and emotion. I was so close to Basil and his family, and he was such an inspiration to me that I feel a profound responsibility to realize this score in a way that will honor his legacy and stay true to his personal style."
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2008
    Woah, this is going to be awesome. Hopefully this will finally give Lennertz the mainstream attention he [fucking] deserves.

punk
  7. The interview was from mid last year, so I assume he's already started working on the score, sinc the film opens next year. I assume.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2008
    A Lennertz score paying homage to Poledouris? Christ, if that isn't worth a listen, then I don't know what is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2008
    Couldn't agree more, bring it on! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008
    hey all, composer Christopher Lennertz's website has had a bit of a revamping and update, and he wanted me to let you all know to go check it out!

New audio from ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS, MEET THE SPARTANS, THE COMEBACKS, SUPERNATURAL, DISASTER MOVIE and more are now available.

Also a special charity page, "For a Good Cause" is Christopher's way of getting fans to contribute to some of Chris's favorite charities, in exchange for rare autographed promo albums!

Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.christopherlennertz.com/
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008 edited
    dgoldwas wrote
    Also a special charity page, "For a Good Cause" is Christopher's way of getting fans to contribute to some of Chris's favorite charities, in exchange for rare autographed promo albums!

That's actually a very good idea. I think I'll wait until the promo disc is changed to something else though as I've got that one...but it's not signed...hmm... cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2008
    Just watched Supernatural 4x05 and what a great job by Lennertz. It is an episode called "Monster Movie" an it´s an homage to the monster movies of the 30´s. Great episode and very good score by Lennertz (a lot of music in the episode!). Well done Chris! He is doing such a good work in this show.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That's what i heard too. Haven't watched a single episode of the series but from what i hear he's doing a pretty god job.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Yes, he is. And the show itself is very very good. One of my favs. So great to have Lennrtz scoring it, what a good choice. Check it out ASAP Demetris.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thanks mate. How's the show like?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm still awaiting the announcement of the QOS promo. angelic
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thanks mate. How's the show like?

It´s about two brothers dealing with the supernatural. Strong characters, good scripts and directors (Kim Manners from The X Files directing many of the episodes), great ark story from season 1, charismatic actors, great composer!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    But believable stories, realistic ones too? 'Cause i am not in a mood for green little beings and crap like that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Well you have all kinda monsters, demons (not in the Buffy style of course) and supernatural stuff. But the drama of the main ark and its plot is pretty strong. I´d say the stories are as realistic as a show of this style can be (better, much better than "Fringe").
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    If they have vampires too i am off wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    If they have vampires too i am off wink

Hmmm, not that I remember. Most of the monsters are based on legends, popular knowledge, local folklore and culture/history related.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    mmmm...that sound better
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    LOL! What's your beef with vampires, D? :D
    I am extremely serious.