• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. .
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. .
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2010
    Sorry, nothing of interest to me.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
  3. .
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2010
    justin boggan wrote
    Damn, had some of these for a few years now. I am starting to understand why some FSM members said they throw their away rater than sell. I'm starting to get to that point on some of the titles.

Perhaps you should try listing them on ebay with an additional keyword of "1 cent cd". That always gets enough bidders.
  4. .
  5. I'm tossing this shit. I had some of it LONG ENOUGH.

I'll probably keep the following for trade just because I think they'll move eventually:

Neighbords (Varese Club CD) -- Bill Conti and Tom Scott's rejected score. ($12.00)
    Mutany On the Bounty (FSM) 3CD ($20.00)
    The Passion of the Christ (Debney) ($8.00)

So speak up. Don't know when they're going, but I've made the decision.

(I'll probably microwave the ST1 -- already got the FSM release)
  6. Tossing them? You're just going to throw them out? If that's the case there are two on there that I will gladly pay the shipping for so that they don't go to waste.
  7. Anybody want to buy, speak up, putting two weeks on these starting Sunday.
  8. .
  9. .
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2010 edited
    Somehow it doesn't surprise me you're (presumedly) a Republican. We will mourn the loss of these CDs in our own ways. It'll be tough, but I hope we make it through this tough time.

Did you rip them to any hard drives, that's the question?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2010
    that is just......weird
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    justin boggan wrote
    A little delay (I attended a some stuff a couple days, like a Republican Meet & Greet), but they're in a dumpster now. Tied off so it won't spill everywhere. I have no idea when the dumpster trash is collected, so...

You know what would have been the better thing to do... donate them to the library. I'm disappointed in the route you ultimately took.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2010 edited
    C'mon. He tried creating contests, he tried giving them away.
    I think Justin has already gone above and beyond.

If after all that effort still no one is interested, I can't fault him for finally taking the road of least resistance.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Wait, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Justin trying to sell them? And if there were contests for them, weren't they just a ploy to get more money out of them, like he did for the Goldsmith CD? Seems donating them to a library wouldn't exactly take much effort either?

dizzy to the power of biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Errr...I thought he was giving them away... spin
    (Maybe I have too much faith in the inherent goodness of Man?)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Still... even if he was giving them away donating them (aka - giving them away) to a library for others to enjoy would have been the right thing to do.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    Errr...I thought he was giving them away... spin
    (Maybe I have too much faith in the inherent goodness of Man?)

I'd say you're too willing to defend those that no one else will. knight
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    Still... even if he was giving them away donating them (aka - giving them away) to a library for others to enjoy would have been the right thing to do.

And if the library wouldn't have wanted them (which is extremely likely), the right thing to do would have been to donate them to a hospital. And if the hospital wouldn't want them, the right thing to do would be to ship them to Africa.
    And if... well, you get my point.

When is enough enough?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    I'd say you're too willing to defend those that no one else will. knight

For my next trick, I'll be defending God.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

And if the library wouldn't have wanted them (which is extremely likely), the right thing to do would have been to donate them to a hospital. And if the hospital wouldn't want them, the right thing to do would be to ship them to Africa.

When is enough enough?

Probably the point at which you ship them to Africa (though why you would offer a hospital 3 soundtrack CDs is a little beyond me). Though as you said, it would be extremely unlikely that a library wouldn't have wanted them. They are, after all, a library.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote

When is enough enough?

Libraries will take anything. I've donated soundtracks to the library before. Unless the CD is unplayable they'll take it!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hmmm, maybe it's different in North America.
    In North Europe, libraries are shutting down their multimedia sections faster than you can go through an old Varese release!

Steven wrote
    why you would offer a hospital 3 soundtrack CDs is a little beyond me).

At least in The Netherlands, many hospitals offer their own radio services to (long-stay) patients.
    These radio services are all volunteer work, and they are *gagging* for music and material.
    Hence my suggestion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    justin boggan wrote
    A little delay (I attended a some stuff a couple days, like a Republican Meet & Greet), but they're in a dumpster now. Tied off so it won't spill everywhere. I have no idea when the dumpster trash is collected, so...

Ack. Why did it have to be either the dumpster or selling for the asked value? Couldn't you have give it to someone who would have reimbursed you for shipping? Couldn't you have left it somewhere with a 'Please take. Free!' note?