• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2010
    Martijn wrote
    It's spread?

Is that normal?
    What do the doctors say, if anything?

I know it can worsen of course (and I do so very feel for you sad ), but I've never heard of it spreading without it being some sort of -treatable!- virus or infection rather than something congenital?

Beats me. The ear doctor was really crappy (from the moment I entered his office, it seemed like he really wanted me out of there), he didn't really answer any questions properly beyond a "sorry, you have to live with this....NEXT!".

That said, while it doesn't necessarily spread, it can appear in both ears eventually - even if it started in just one.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    boy it is all fun to watch you rant about bad traffic and drivers. You are all right of course you are all right and i am with you. But believe me , you will get a heart attack if you ever come to greece. Goddamned greek drivers
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2010 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    boy it is all fun to watch you rant about bad traffic and drivers. You are all right of course you are all right and i am with you. But believe me , you will get a heart attack if you ever come to greece. Goddamned greek drivers

I was in Crete earlier this year, and while it was busier and more reckless than Norway, it wasn't THAT bad. I thought they were worse in Turkey.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

I've seen some horrendous driving around Europe, they're all very tame compared with the chaos of India.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Christodoulides wrote

California isn't bad as far as driving goes
    listen to more classical music!
  1. Christodoulides wrote

Yeah but do you have crazy greek drivers combined with snow / ice ?

And those truck drivers I mentioned were all foreigners. So I therefore assume they are in fact ... GREEK???
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. And sorry to hear about your tinnitus challenges Thor. Hopefully one day they'll be able to cure it.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    people who want to learn to drive in the snow properly should visit Minnesota. I would rank them #1 in the world as far as removing snow and the drivers are really quite good
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

California isn't bad as far as driving goes

That's because you have a speed limit of only 55 mph.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. All this coverage of the World Cup announcement is getting annoying. Why does there need to be some sort of inquiry just because England didn't get the nod for 2018?

Sure they had by all accounts they made a great presentation. But if their pitch wasn't what was wanted then they are not going to win.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    indeed turkey and india are pretty horrible as far as driving goes.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    55 saves lives which we value in this state
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    All this coverage of the World Cup announcement is getting annoying. Why does there need to be some sort of inquiry just because England didn't get the nod for 2018?

Sure they had by all accounts they made a great presentation. But if their pitch wasn't what was wanted then they are not going to win.

Indeed. It's hardly a big surprise. The last World Cup was in South Africa, the next in Brazil - it's pretty obvious FIFA wants them to go to countries where the "legacy" might be felt more than it would be here in England.

That, and the fact that virtually the whole world dislikes the English, means I don't know why we bother wasting so much money on these things.
  4. Made it back home James?

Are you using public transport a lot at the moment because your rear wheel drive car is performing so poorly at the moment in this weather?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Indeed. It's been stuck on the drive all week. A neighbour had to help push it on there on Tuesday and I haven't dared move it since (our road is on a slope and I've got no chance). It's my mum's funeral tomorrow - 30 miles away and I've got to get there on public transport. I hope I can have a hassle-free trip there, the last thing I need is any stress from the journey.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Best wishes for you James.
  5. Best wishes.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    All this coverage of the World Cup announcement is getting annoying. Why does there need to be some sort of inquiry just because England didn't get the nod for 2018?

Indeed. It's hardly a big surprise. The last World Cup was in South Africa, the next in Brazil - it's pretty obvious FIFA wants them to go to countries where the "legacy" might be felt more than it would be here in England.

That, and the fact that virtually the whole world dislikes the English, means I don't know why we bother wasting so much money on these things.

TV news is full of it right now rolleyes

Time for some music.
  6. Best wishes for tomorrow, James.
  7. From me too James, I missed the post that your mum's passed away.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Can I add my voice to the above ...
    Wishing you all the strenght James ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Thor wrote
    What annoys me currently is that my permanent tinnitus (constant buzzing in one's ear) has worsened and also spread to my other ear. So tomorrow morning, I will have a special "sound pillow" adjusted to make me fall asleep. At the present time, there is no cure for tinnitus and I'll have to live with it my entire life. It is likely that it will kill my (film) music passion altogether in a few years. This makes me depressed.

My dad has it as well Thor ...
    It also started in one ear but the other followed shortly after .
    Sometimes it drives him crazy , especially when it's pretty quiet around him .
    If there are more ambient sounds around it's a bit better , he gets more distracted then .
    And falling asleep is a problem as well ! Like you've said , there's no cure for it unfortunately . sad
    All the best my friend ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Eric wrote
    Thor wrote
    What annoys me currently is that my permanent tinnitus (constant buzzing in one's ear) has worsened and also spread to my other ear. So tomorrow morning, I will have a special "sound pillow" adjusted to make me fall asleep. At the present time, there is no cure for tinnitus and I'll have to live with it my entire life. It is likely that it will kill my (film) music passion altogether in a few years. This makes me depressed.

My dad has it as well Thor ...
    It also started in one ear but the other followed shortly after .
    Sometimes it drives him crazy , especially when it's pretty quiet around him .
    If there are more ambient sounds around it's a bit better , he gets more distracted then .
    And falling asleep is a problem as well ! Like you've said , there's no cure for it unfortunately . sad
    All the best my friend ...

Thanks, Eric. It's not uncommon for elderly people to get it. What annoys me is that I'm struggling with this at age 33! It's an "old man's illness", really.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    Indeed. It's been stuck on the drive all week. A neighbour had to help push it on there on Tuesday and I haven't dared move it since (our road is on a slope and I've got no chance). It's my mum's funeral tomorrow - 30 miles away and I've got to get there on public transport. I hope I can have a hassle-free trip there, the last thing I need is any stress from the journey.

Condolences on your mom's passing, James. I believe I missed that post.

Best wishes also for the funeral tomorrow, and that everything goes as planned.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Thor wrote
    Thanks, Eric. It's not uncommon for elderly people to get it. What annoys me is that I'm struggling with this at age 33! It's an "old man's illness", really.

I don't think it's old man's illness. I think I have it too, in fact, but it's only very light. I can definitely hear something when it's ultra quiet. But in all honesty, it's not into downright annoying territory yet.

I wonder if my listening to hard rock and heavy metal has something to do with it.
  8. Probably!

I've started noticing a noise in my ears that reminds me of what it would be like after a really loud disco. A sort of low wooshing sound. Maybe it is all that listening using headphones - or just old age.
  9. But I never put my music really loud like some real metal-fans would. I don't go to festivals, concerts and the like.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I don't think there has been any proof that headphones cause this
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    i hope it goes well for you James
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    I don't think there has been any proof that headphones cause this

I don't think it's headphones either (even though I used to use these a lot as a teen and in my early 20's). It's probably another chronic thingie I got in late 2008 that kicked off the tinnitus.
    I am extremely serious.