• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2011
    It's a 2 1/2 hour flight from Oslo.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oh, that's longer than I thought it would be.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2011 edited
    Thor, I found this, is it any help to you?

http://www.justanswer.com/sip/ear?r=ppc … 4Qodymupwg
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I hope everything is allright Thor. Like you, I will be seriously annoyed for you.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Tim did you go to the doctor for your leg?
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes! It's gout. slant

And still very painful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Damn! slant
    What's the course of action from now on?
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Two lots of drugs, one of which is allopurinal and a smart change of lifestyle.

I WILL be going out on Friday! drink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Good luck with that, Tim. My father has had podagra for many years (he gets in in the big toe), and since it's hereditary, I probably will get it too, in which case it will just be another ailment on the list. He hasn't really changed his lifestyle very much and only feels it once in a while.

By the way, I just wasted 2 hours waiting in the emergency hospital, since there was a steady stream of patients rolling in that were prioritized before me. When it finally was time to meet the nurse after 90 minutes (which is only the first step), I was told there would be an additional 5 hours waiting for me to meet the doctor himself -- and then I just thought 'screw it'. I'll be trying again tomorrow. I must meet a doctor before I board a plane with this thing, which is probably the worst timed ailment I've ever had!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2011
    Timmer wrote

^
    Just wondering if you found this helpful at all? Obviously it's not the same as seeing your GP face to face but it may give you some help.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2011 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote

^
    Just wondering if you found this helpful at all? Obviously it's not the same as seeing your GP face to face but it may give you some help.

I didn't try it, as you had to pay for it, and I'm always skeptical about internet doctors (maybe it's just a prejudice I have). Also, I can't get a prescription for antibiotics from them. smile

But I'm going to give the emergency hospital another try now (maybe it's better in the morning). My own doctor has conveniently decided to be away from his office these two days....
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Get there early.....like right now!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Just returned after waiting another 2 hours+. But at least I got all the way to the doctor this time. He said my infection was borderline as far as flying is concerned, but he allowed me to go. I'll have to use nasal spray to keep air flowing through the sinuses and continually try to counter the pressure through regular "jawning" etc....what I usually do when I'm flying anyway.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Good news about flying. Enjoy the trip.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm so glad, Thor!
    I would really have hated for you to -on top of all the other fun this year- have missed this event too!

punk

beer <- medicinal herbal drink against ear infections
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Herbal, medicinal?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hop is a wellknown herb.
    Yeast is a well known medicine.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Hop & Yeast!! Sounds like an ancient magic trick duo....
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Hop & Yeast!! Sounds like an ancient magic trick duo....

Performing nervously in front of Henry VIII wink

Glad you got an "all clear", take some boiled sweets too, keeps muscles around the jaw and ear moving.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    FalkirkBairn wrote

I am definitely more of a late night person than a morning lover!

And I am the complete opposite. I do my best writing between 7 to 8 AM. I'm up at 6 and do my email first.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2011 edited
    An absolutely stupid and insensitive driver crashed my car this morning. She was driving one of those huge off road trucks that farmers usually use and as I was waiting behind her, just outside my house mind you, to turn into the main street and head to work, even though she had already turned for a reason I haven't yet understood she reversed,crashed me even though I was hittting the horn like crazy and then stepped on it and left without even looking back. And she did it so quick that I didn't have tha chance to see her plate number. The damage is not very big but I'm furious!!! frustrated bazooka
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2011
    Unbelievable!
    (Well, mind you, I saw some driving in Greece when I was there several times that make this story all too believable. slant )

I'm just utterly amazed at how people can just walk away from consequences of their actions.
    What the f*ck is WRONG with people? sad

Very sorry Stav. sad You didn't really need this right now, did you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2011 edited
    No I didn't. The damage is not too much visible and I can fix it later on but again I have to fix it but I didn't have in mind to use money for such a reason. And of course I cannot believe how big an ashhole someone can be!!! angry
  3. Maybe if it's a regular journey it may be a route she regularly uses. If you recognise her then you could get her plate then?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ARRRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! That would make me want to kill someone to death! Really sorry to hear about that Stavi, I think Alan's advice might be helpful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Me, I'd suggest crow's feet, barbed wire and spike mats myself, but hey-ho...
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2011 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Maybe if it's a regular journey it may be a route she regularly uses. If you recognise her then you could get her plate then?

It maybe so since there is a school near my house so maybe she is mother bringing her children. The time fits. But again, how can I prove she did it? The monster she was driving was all iron, I doubt there was even a small damage on it so I could prove it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2011
    If you saw her vehicle again and followed her would it be worth confronting her personally?
  4. Goddamn, you greeks sure do have it hard lately.

And people can be so awfully selfish sometimes I'm ashamed to call myself a part of mankind... ManKIND? ManKIND????? Surely that's a mistake? shame
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2011
    In my nearly 64 years on the planet I've had this happen to me more than once. We have auto insurance for this very reason.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!