• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2010
    Well you are right D but after thinking things through I decided that I refuse to stop dreaming, hoping, smiling each time the sun is up. I refuse to stop believing my country is blessed and its people strong enough to
    cope with these dark times. There is nothing I can do more for the laws except shout my annoyance and demand justice. But I know that I won't give up, we won't give up. And all these out there who scorn us (and they are quite a few) are just jealous of the fact that we know how to have a good time and smile even when we don't have a cent in our pockets. So bring it on!!!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, you're right and justified to be disappointed (who isn't in Greece these days?) but i am not too sure shouting will bring any results. I think we are powerless in front of those things, no matter how much we'd like to fool ourselves from times to times; nevertheless, trying isn't going to hurt anyone, is it? And i am not too sure either, just throwing a hypothesis or two there. Still, no matter how nasty the situation is, it's not the end of the world really; as long as i have my health and people i love and who love me around me, they can kiss my ass.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Your last sentence says it all for me too. That's what matters. smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I feel for you, it's always the working class who end up paying.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2010
    so true tim
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    HAPPY STAR WARS DAY!

May the 4th be with you!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    applause
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    HAPPY STAR WARS DAY!

May the 4th be with you!

Erm!? am i missing something? spin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Apparently.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2010
    I am too
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    May 4th?

May the fourth?

May the fourth be with you?

No?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    grrrrrooooooooooan rolleyes
  1. But it's the 5th.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Martijn wrote
    May 4th?

May the fourth?

May the fourth be with you?

No?

applause

No seriously...
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    But it's the 5th.

Well, it is now!

(Did you just plead the fifth? uhm )
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Today is the big Mexican holiday. Not too much here in Minneapolis but very very popular in San Diego
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Three young people dead today from a fire that broke up in a bank during the big demonstrations against the new laws. Where is my country going to?! It's so tragic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2010 edited
    The whole Greek situation is really depressing. sad

I hope some pulls it together so that they don't bring the whole country down.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I honestly don't know. What the hell is happening?! We weren't like this! Greeks are smiling people, hospitable, good hearted... Damn all these politicians who brought Greece in the door of destruction. angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Where are they actually? Have they been admitting lying or whatever they did?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    They are still here as nothing has happened! There is going to be an investigation actually about the economic issues in a spandof 10 years and it seems that some of they are going to rot in prison! Blessed be that day I say!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    Where are they actually? Have they been admitting lying or whatever they did?

They can't: they have been pampering to special interest groups with insanely powerful lobbies.
    Add to that a strongly pervaded sense of corruption (current estimates -Greek, *internal* estimates- are counting 2 billion euros in tax arrears throughout all layers of the population), and add to THAT the fact that they used the Euro's low interest rates to increase spending, effectively driving the country's median cost of living up to north European standards (all on BORROWED money) rather than decreasing the national debt, and they'd put not only their own heads in the noose, but all their colleagues', patrons' and even families'!

Nobody will go to jail for this, I fear.
    Even the Greek papers are now understanding towards Europe's ire.

Greece has a history of riots and strikes whenever something was implemented that pissed off this or that special interest group, and this is no different.

The sad thing is that *again* it's only those special interest groups -who are debit to and part of the problem in the first place- are kicking up the most stink, and innocent people again get caught up in the crossfire.

It's the Stavroulas in the world who in the end pick up the pieces, and I am perfectly livid about it.

Stavroula wrote
    They are still here as nothing has happened! There is going to be an investigation actually about the economic issues in a spandof 10 years and it seems that some of they are going to rot in prison! Blessed be that day I say!

I will be extremely pleasantly surprised if that happens.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    The demonstration and the strike were peaceful! The assholes who are attached to this special interest group as you called it caused this! Three young people dead because they chose to go to work this morning! My God! My boyfriend could have been one of them! And the tragic thing is that one of the women was pregnant! And on top of that, the whole world sees this mess and not the rest of us who work for our country, who love it! Fuck!!! I cannot stand it! Next time there is a demonstration I'm in! angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yes. sad As we have seen last time, there are a lot of factions in Greece looking for trouble and nothing else.
    And of course THAT is what becomes world news.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn wrote:
    They can't: they have been pampering to special interest groups with insanely powerful lobbies.
    Add to that a strongly pervaded sense of corruption (current estimates -Greek, *internal* estimates- are counting 2 billion euros in tax arrears throughout all layers of the population), and add to THAT the fact that they used the Euro's low interest rates to increase spending, effectively driving the country's median cost of living up to north European standards (all on BORROWED money) rather than decreasing the national debt, and they'd put not only their own heads in the noose, but all their colleagues', patrons' and even families'!

Holy fuck, those people are heartless in every sense?! What the hell! angry
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Greece is not so much in the news as the oil spill in the US
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    What I don't understand in this crisis (that is more and more looking worse every minute) is what these rating bureaus do? They say something and everyone goes mad. Aren't they part of the problem? Shouldn't they shut up their face?

The Euro is only 1.2 Dollar at the moment. The lowest in 14 months! This is getting really bad. slant

In the news today was also said that each Belgian had to pay 300 EUR for Greece (since we donate 3 billion)...
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Things have calmed down now I hope that logic is going to prevail. I know it's not nice to have to pay for another country but it so happens it's Greece, it could have been another one and I don't want to upset you but Portugal and Spain are in the row too. And you know who are the ones who should really shut their face up? All these unspeakable financial houses like Moody's and Standar and Pool's who haven't stop for a minute saying that the euro is going to collapse. Their constant bickering in one of the reasons who have brought fragile economies like ours, Spain's, and Portugal's close to destruction.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Stavroula wrote
    Things have calmed down now I hope that logic is going to prevail. I know it's not nice to have to pay for another country but it so happens it's Greece, it could have been another one and I don't want to upset you but Portugal and Spain are in the row too.

Oh, I'm not saying that. It's just to tell you how the media has approached the subject...

And you know who are the ones who should really shut their face up? All these unspeakable financial houses like Moody's and Standar and Pool's who haven't stop for a minute saying that the euro is going to collapse. Their constant bickering in one of the reasons who have brought fragile economies like ours, Spain's, and Portugal's close to destruction.

Yeah, that's what I meant with these rating bureaus. What is their goal?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I wish I knew! I guess to gain as much money as they can by creating havoc! Freaking idiots! angry