• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2011
    Christodoulides wrote
    . I see the fall of this government ASAP and canceling of the referendum. Let's see what happens.

For Greece it wouldn't be the worst thing (new elections, I mean). And I fear indeed that we may have been right: that this whole referendum ploy was an exit strategy for Papandreou personally. Pretty disturbing idea, that.

It's playing out pretty much as I thought, but even I was a little shocked when Merkel for the first time in so many words said that Greece leaving the Euro zone was a viable scenario.

It's really all to play for now.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    If this is what really's his plan, it's really fucked up to screw your country over as a supposed leader, at such a crucial time.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2011 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    . I see the fall of this government ASAP and canceling of the referendum. Let's see what happens.

For Greece it wouldn't be the worst thing (new elections, I mean). And I fear indeed that we may have been right: that this whole referendum ploy was an exit strategy for Papandreou personally. Pretty disturbing idea, that.

It's playing out pretty much as I thought, but even I was a little shocked when Merkel for the first time in so many words said that Greece leaving the Euro zone was a viable scenario.

It's really all to play for now.

Better yet, get Turkey into the EU.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    What good is that going to do? confused
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, kill the eu completely.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    There's quite a good few point to make for Turkey joining (and an equal, or even GREATER amount of points against), but strengthening the Euro is NOT one of them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    BBC reports that Papandreou will offer his resignation!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    confused Breaking News

Mr Papandreou says he is not resigning.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    He is not!?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    confused shocked Holy flip-flop, Batman. WHat's your source, D.?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    BBC, same page you posted above.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Your link, top left.

"Breaking News

Mr Papandreou says he is not resigning - Greek state TV."
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    BBC, same page you posted above.

Yes?
    It says he WILL offer to resign.
    I was curious where the news that he is NOT resigning comes from? A Greek source, D.?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    No, it was on the same page, which is also what D says.

Error! Error! Error! flash
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yes, you are right: 6 minutes newer than my link:
    1319:

Greek state TV (quoted by AFP) says Mr Papandreou insisted he was not resigning when he spoke at today's emergency cabinet meeting. Reuters quoted a source in his office as saying: "There is no resignation by the prime minister... There is no resignation by the cabinet."

OK, let's wait a bit and see how this pans out.
    Apparently rather than proper news (you know: verifiable facts and nasty uncomfortable stuff like that) it all seems rather panicky hear-say at the moment. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, it was your own link. Anyway, it's a confused mess. In half an hour we'll know according to bbc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    KevinSmith wrote

Better yet, get Turkey into the EU.

Humour I guess.

Every half hour we hear different things. It seems that things are so unstable that we cannot be sure of anything. Tiring and nerve racking I'm telling you! slant
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well, an internet initiative has now been initiated to claim parts of Greece for European use.

I have quickly staked a claim for a bit of Sparti to put a school in to assure continued employment for...erm...certain Greek teachers.

I promise I will be a fair and benevolent ruler.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    What the hell is this? Very nice! We have officially become the joke of Europe or better yet the whole world.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sparta you say? THIS.IS.SPARTA! knight
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's just a bit of levity, Stavi. No one is taking any of that seriously.
    When things are as dark as they are, a bit of gallow's humour tends to alleviate tension.

And sadly there is nothing anyone can do for Greece's reputation at this point.
    It will be decades before that is restored to normal (if ever). These things sadly tend to stick (e.g. British "arrogance", German "Gründlichkeit", French "cowardice"). slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote

biggrin

I guess I should have put in a tank rather than a school!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula

I can say that and speak the truth! wink Well at times like that I really wish Leonidas was around! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    yikes
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Stavroula wrote

I can say that and speak the truth! wink Well at times like that I really wish Leonidas was around! smile

If he was around he would kick our own asses first.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Martijn wrote
    It's just a bit of levity, Stavi. No one is taking any of that seriously.
    When things are as dark as they are, a bit of gallow's humour tends to alleviate tension.

I know it is ment to be for a laugh but if you were here too you wouldn't be in the mood either. Thanks for the try anyway. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Stavroula wrote

Well, in true European spirits, I fear he has been assimilated by the Belgians.
    And given a new purpose. Very sweet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Christodoulides wrote
    Stavroula wrote

If he was around he would kick our own asses first.

Exactly my point! There are some asses around who need kicking! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Stavroula wrote

Well, in true European spirits, I fear he has been assimilated by the Belgians.
    And given a new purpose. Very sweet.

smile

Also why is that map in the game taken by one specific country only? Hmmm i wonder.....
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Noticed that too,did you? To translate the popular greek phrase "Coincidence? I don't think sooooo" tongue