• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2010
    Bregt wrote
    Thor wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Have you heard An Inconvenient Truth? Not bad, but not exceptional either.

Does that have an original Eno score or merely some Eno songs/compositions pasted in?

Original score. About 40 minutes I think?

Hmmm....strange. IMDB lists Michael Brook as the composer, not Eno. Are you sure you're not confusing the two?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2010
    Ow!

You are right!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2010 edited
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Do you have any albums by Eno Thor?

Yes, I have the MUSIC FOR FILMS albums (all three), which accompany "imaginary soundtracks", as well as the U2 collaboration ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACKS (under the Passengers pseudonym), also for "imaginary soundtracks", with a few exceptions that are actually for real films.

And of course the odd piece here and there (like DUNE), but I still have lots to discover. I'm particularly curious about his original film scores at this point.

Do you have Apollo Atmospheres and Soundtracks? A great album some of which will be familiar to many due to it's ( overuse? ) in a multitude of documentaries and the like over the years.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Yes, I have the MUSIC FOR FILMS albums (all three), which accompany "imaginary soundtracks", as well as the U2 collaboration ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACKS (under the Passengers pseudonym), also for "imaginary soundtracks", with a few exceptions that are actually for real films.

And of course the odd piece here and there (like DUNE), but I still have lots to discover. I'm particularly curious about his original film scores at this point.

D o you have Apollo Atmospheres and Soundtracks? A great album some of which will be familiar to many due to it's ( overuse? ) in a multitude of documentaries and the like over the years.

No, but I checked it out when I started this article. Apparently, it was meant to accompany the documentary film FOR ALL MANKIND in 1983, but when the film took forever to release (it was released in 1989), many of the tracks were chucked out in favour of other tracks, by Eno and others.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2010
    Didn't know that.

How about David Bowie's 'Berlin Trilogy'?

LOW
    HEROES
    LODGER

All superb albums, particularly the first two and all collaborations with Eno, LOW which is half instrumental is used as the soundtrack for Christiane F.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Timmer wrote

Never heard of Eno Thor.

Commas: they make a difference
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2010
    Rich coming from someone so precious about their own spelling and grammar mistakes. dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2010
    justin boggan wrote
    Timmer wrote

Never heard of Eno Thor.

Commas: they make a difference

Yessir spellmaster sir!
  2. Spell Sergeant Justin Boggan (SSgt. Boggan).

Played by R. Lee Ermey.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2013
    Why don't people rave more about THE LOVELY BONES -- one of the most gorgeous scores in the last 10 years? (and for a severely underrated film too).
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2013
    Thor wrote
    Why don't people rave more about THE LOVELY BONES -- one of the most gorgeous scores in the last 10 years? (and for a severely underrated film too).

Well, I agree with you Thor beer

I also adore the track Song To The Siren by This Mortal Coil featuring the voice of Liz Fraser of The Cocteau Twins love
  3. - Ambient 1 . Music for Airports
    - Apollo . Atmospheres & Soundtracks (For all Mankind)

And of course

The Prophecy Theme from DUNE

which I could loop all night long!

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.