• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2009
    Interesting assignment this one...

The Lovely Bones
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0380510/

trailer:
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/thelovelybones/

Based on the critically acclaimed best-selling novel by Alice Sebold, and directed by Oscar® winner Peter Jackson from a screenplay by Jackson & Fran Walsh & Philippa Boyens, “The Lovely Bones” centers on a young girl who has been murdered and watches over her family – and her killer – from heaven. She must weigh her desire fo ...
    View more

* Genre:Drama, Horror
    * Director:Peter Jackson
    * Cast:Mark Wahlberg, Rachel Weisz, Susan Sarandon, Stanley Tucci, Michael Imperioli, Saoirse Ronan

official website of the composer:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Eno

Wonder if this is going to get released and if it's actually NOT going to be drone....
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. am looking forward to the movie, so I hope the music is up to par
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009
    Isn't he one of the key figures in ambient music? I wouldn't expect big music then. wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Bregt wrote
    Isn't he one of the key figures in ambient music? I wouldn't expect big music then. wink

Only if Nicholas Dodd was one of the "orchestrators."

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009 edited
    Bregt wrote

Brian Eno is a legendary composer, so it couldn't be in safer hands. He's also done many film scores before, so he knows the whole language. I'm looking forward to this very much.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Bregt wrote

ambient music can work as well, and no I'm not expecting big music
    I just want it to enhance a thriller movie (but with fantastical impressions)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    He is. Very ambient, Peter Gabriel-ish and such. Can work wonders, such a musical approach, in the film but usually on CD it's for very specialized listeners and comes as dull to the majority.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thor wrote
    Bregt wrote

Brian Eno is a legendary composer, so it couldn't be in safer hands. He's also done many film scores before, so he knows the whole language. I'm looking forward to this very much.

I'm sure it will be one of the more interesting projects next year, and I'm certainly not criticising. Looking forward to it as well.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorChrK
    Sold on the film.

Brian Eno? Not so much.
  3. Personally I think it's a superb choice of composer. Nothing would quite Oscar-ize this project completely than to have James Newton Howard get to work with his bag of tricks. Eno will hopefully come at scoring this sort of film from a new place.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2009 edited
    There are a few clips of music on the official The Lovely Bones site...

Is it Eno? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2009 edited
    You can listen to 8 tracks from Lovely Bones on Paramount Guilds For Your Consideration 2009 website.

At the time of posting this, the music is played in the background and it's not yet available in the "score" section (it says "coming soon" instead). However you can grab the tracks by changing the number in the link below from 01 to 02, 03, etc.

http://www.paramountguilds.com/the_lovely_bones/score/mp3/01.mp3
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2009
    Thanks for the link! Track 4 and 6 are what closest resembles what I was hoping to get for the score (pure ambient), the others tracks are too light and lacking emotion for me, even though it does get some lovely Thomas Newman touches in the piano in track 7.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2009
    I love what i hear...laid-back, relaxing, soul-soothing music. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Is this getting a CD release?
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    I love what i hear...laid-back, relaxing, soul-soothing music. smile

I wonder how this will work in the movie, considering it seems to be a thriller movie as well
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Well, ambient music can quite easily switch from ethereal beauty to intense suspense, just look at what Tyler did for The Killing Room. If it works the way I think it does in the film, Eno is a pretty good choice for composer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Great score! It's precisely that kind of music which appeals to me most these days. Right up my alley.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeap, i love those modern, minimalistic ambience a la Cliff Martinez / Asche and Spenser too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeap, i love those modern, minimalistic ambience a la Cliff Martinez / Asche and Spenser too.

Yup. Lots of others too. In fact, I think I'm going to write an article for montages.no on those types of scores when Eno's LONELY BONES premieres.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. LOVELY, not lonely smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2009
    PawelStroinski wrote
    LOVELY, not lonely smile

He, he....I blame it on the booze!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2010
    While we're waiting for THE LOVELY BONES, I was wondering if you could recommend some good Eno soundtracks (and by that I mean a film that has original Eno music all the way through, not merely a previously composed song here and there)?

By all means recommend some non-film work too, but it's mostly his film work I'm interested in at this point, as I'm going to write a review of the LOVELY BONES music and film soon, and I must admit I'm not an expert on his stuff. Only bits and pieces.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    By the way, I've googled around a bit and found that it is INCREDIBLY hard to find information on his original film work alone. No articles or anything, only a couple of reviews of the MUSIC FOR FILMS albums, which are mostly just music for "imaginary films" anyway.

Someone needs to sit down and write one, one that separates imaginary soundtracks from real ones, pre-existing songs vs. original songs, full scores vs. singular songs, collaborative scores for imaginary films (like Passengers) vs. solo efforts for real films and so on. It's really confusing.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2010 edited
    Have you heard An Inconvenient Truth? Not bad, but not exceptional either.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Do you have any albums by Eno Thor?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    An inconvenient truth, yeah that's a very soothing listen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote

Does that have an original Eno score or merely some Eno songs/compositions pasted in?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2010 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Do you have any albums by Eno Thor?

Yes, I have the MUSIC FOR FILMS albums (all three), which accompany "imaginary soundtracks", as well as the U2 collaboration ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACKS (under the Passengers pseudonym), also for "imaginary soundtracks", with a few exceptions that are actually for real films.

And of course the odd piece here and there (like DUNE), but I still have lots to discover. I'm particularly curious about his original film scores at this point.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thor wrote
    Bregt wrote

Does that have an original Eno score or merely some Eno songs/compositions pasted in?

Original score. About 40 minutes I think?
    Kazoo