• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2009
    MovieScore Media presents

LIFE IN ONE DAY

Music Composed and Arranged by
    JOHAN HOOGEWIJS

Sound clips and more info:
    http://www.moviescoremedia.com/lifeinoneday.html

Download album in 320kbit mp3 format here:
    http://www.payloadz.com/go?id=112203

Download album on iTunes here:
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt … p;s=143452

Flemish composer Johan Hoogewijs’ deeply emotional score for the new Dutch theatrical feature Life in One Day (original title: “Het leven uit een dag”), directed by Mark de Cloe, is a heartwarming, moving and poetic musical work that will remind listeners of such renowned composers as Dario Marianelli, Thomas Newman and Johan Söderqvist.

Based on the novel by A.F. Th. van der Heijden, Life in One Day’s premise is that we live in a world where human life lasts for only one day. Hoogewijs combines orchestra, electronics and solo instruments such as cello and piano in Life in One Day. Just like the film itself, it’s a score that presents a broad range of emotions – all of them with a sense of honesty and despair.

MovieScore Media's digital release of the score co-incides with the theatrical premiere of the film in Holland on September 3.

MMD0007 LIFE IN ONE DAY (Het leven uit een dag) (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
    Music Composed and Arranged by JOHAN HOOGEWIJS
    Release date (digital): September 1, 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Belgian composer! Dutch movie! Cool!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    Bregt, completely off topic, but can you explain why you guys are Dutch, live in Holland OR the Netherlands... I am Swedish and live in Sweden, simple as that... What's up with all the different names?

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2009 edited
    Haha. wink

In Belgium we have three official languages: Dutch (Flemisch is a more cultural name, because of all the accents and dialects we have), French and German.

In The Netherlands the official language is Dutch as well, again with a bit a different accent, but the core and grammatical and spelling are the same.

It's like Canada a bit, where there are two main languages. In Belgium there's two distinctive regions (Flanders and Wallony) with the respective language ('Flemish' and French) and a small region German. Brussels is in the middle and a bit the border between those two, with the usual cases of tension, problems and political issues between the two regions. Because of this, we have complicated our political system, and have governments for each region, a federal government, one for Brussels and also one for each language, and all have their own responsibilities, often causing the federal government to hand over some of these to the regions. It took me a while to understand.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Wow, I didn't even know there was an adaptation of this book. Is this coming to Belgian theatres, too?
    I'm wondering how they did that (awful) sequence that was rather, well, phallic...

I've got the two Heterdaad soundtracks by Hoogewijs, and while his synthesizer music is nothing to write home about, the orchestral parts - i.e. the theme and suite, the Toots Thielemans suite, and the strings suite - are very, very enjoyable - totally worth picking up the albums for those.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    There are two Heterdaad cd's? That explains the ''1'' on the cover of the first volume shame

I know nothing of a release of the film in Belgium.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2009
    Hehe, no, the 1 refers to TV één.
    There's a II though on the second album - for all you number junkies here.

Oh, and the second is by far the most interesting album - the only interesting thing it doesn't have is the original theme.
  1. Joep wrote
    There are two Heterdaad cd's? That explains the ''1'' on the cover of the first volume shame

I know nothing of a release of the film in Belgium.

Joep, I'm assuming you will review this one?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2009
    I would like to.
  2. Joep wrote
    I would like to.

then take the necessary preparations smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh