• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2009
    MovieScore Media presents

REX STEELE: NAZI SMASHER
    and Other Short Film Scores

Music Composed and Conducted by
    RYAN SHORE

Sound clips and more info:
    http://www.moviescoremedia.com/rexsteele.html

CD distributed by Screen Archives Entertainment:
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=12827

Download album in 320kbit mp3 format here:
    http://www.payloadz.com/go?id=1124959

Download album on iTunes here:
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt … p;s=143441

MovieScore Media has established an exciting and fruitful collaboration with up and coming composer Ryan Shore, whose scores for Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer, Shadows and Numb are already available in our catalogue.

Looking back at Shore's output, many of his finest efforts are to be found in short films - and here is your chance to enjoy these wonderful orchestral scores, little gems such as the stirringly heroic Rex Steele: Nazi Smasher, the beautifully Williams-esque Articles of War and the epic A Letter from the Western Front.

Over 60 minutes of highly entertaining, first-class movie music - big music for small movies! The release of the CD co-incides with Articles of War's showing at the Montreal Film Festival.

MMS08018 REX STEELE: NAZI SMASHER AND OTHER SHORT FILM SCORES
    Music Composed and Conducted by RYAN SHORE
    Release date (download): September 8, 2009
    Release date (CD): September 15, 2009
  1. I'd highly recommend this CD from Mikael.

I have a copy of Rex Steele: Nazi Smasher on CD that came together with a DVD of the short animation and it's really enjoyable. I'm looking forward to hearing A Letter From The Western Front after having heard the tracks from this that were available from Ryan's website.

Another good release, Mikael.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Soundclips give glimpses of a heroic set of scores!
    Kazoo
  2. I'm exited to hear this one smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    REX STEELE: NAZI SMASHER!!! What a name. smile
    I am extremely serious.
  3. And here's the review:

REX STEELE: NAZI SMASHER & OTHER FILM SCORES
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    And here's the review:

The Articles of War theme is influenced by Rain Man not Driving Miss Daisy.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    And here's the review:

-Erik-

Yes, that's correct - although I wouldn't say "influenced", because the style is totally different. The main theme, or rather 5-note motif, in Articles of War happens to be similar to a portion of the Rain Man theme. I believe this is co-incidental.

Thanks for the glorious review, by the way.

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    moviescore wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    And here's the review:

-Erik-

Yes, that's correct - although I wouldn't say "influenced", because the style is totally different. The main theme, or rather 5-note motif, in Articles of War happens to be similar to a portion of the Rain Man theme. I believe this is co-incidental.

I don't know about co-incidental. It bothered me immediately after hearing Shore's theme for the first time. The orchestrations might be different but the structure of the melody comes from Rain Man. Besides that little blip the album is superb!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. moviescore wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    And here's the review:

-Erik-

Thanks for the glorious review, by the way.

mc

holy crap, you're right
    this goes to show that I can't even tell major albums apart from one another shame
    so sorry about this and thanks for letting me know, this is already changed in the review smile

And I'm glad to offer this review Mikael, I really enjoyed it, especially Shadowplay which is superb. I would have wished it was longer