• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    I think you're confusing the words "humor" and "psycho" again.

Well, he wouldn't be the first one.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Anthony wrote

Of course, not! i am quite clear and straight forward, but only you people either act like psycho or genuine assholes.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Well, he wouldn't be the first one.

There you are. In fact, you are the pioneer. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The quote function is also useful.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sunil wrote
    Anthony wrote

Of course, not! i am quite clear and straight forward, but only you people either act like psycho or genuine assholes.

I would like to go to a comedy gig with you so that you could explain to me all about the humour and why a joke was funny.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Yet another thread off topic
    listen to more classical music!
  1. Yet another thread-killer !!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    You're probably right. Hmm? This is how I kill threads.
    Thomas
  2. You were saying?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2009
    Timmer wrote

why a joke was funny.

Ah! This is absolutely funny. biggrin
  3. Mr. Funny is a relative of Mrs. Sarcastic, but they don't always get along.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2009
    Sunil wrote
    Timmer wrote

why a joke was funny.

Ah! This is absolutely funny. biggrin

Killed me too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    another thread off topic. oh wait this is maintitles.
  4. The insults thrown around here with such regularity make this place look like the Thaxton ridden board of FSM at times.

BACK on topic. I thought some more:

THE GOOD: "The Great Escape". Again, aside fro mthe few short cues on the Varese site, I bought the 2CD club set iwhtout having seen the film (since rectified -- very good movie) or having really heard the score.

THE BAD: The Ron Jones Project: Into the Brave Night. Bought this based on his ST:TNG and "Ducktales" (and of course some "Family Guy") work. Sorely disappointed. Wrote a thing on it earlier in the Now Playing thread.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    The insults thrown around here with such regularity make this place look like the Thaxton ridden board of FSM at times.

Ah! this is so rude. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    sdtom wrote

Tom, this is off topic too you know wink You're not helping.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    sdtom wrote

biggrin

Quite so. Also, there's more to life than worrying about threads going off topic, shocking as that may seem.
  5. Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    sdtom wrote

biggrin

Quite so. Also, there's more to life than worrying about threads going off topic, shocking as that may seem.

I'm shocked it seems shocking to some.

You could look at it like this: it keeps the thread alive.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Duh I thought it had to do with blind buys. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2009 edited
    A recent completely blind purchase is Michael Small's The China Syndrome. It was an impulse buy and I hadn't listened to any of the clips Intrada had made available. I was intrigued to hear what had been composed and then rejected from a great film. A film that really benefited from the lack of music!

It sounds a bit daft but it's a great opportunity to listen to some music that just wasn't right for the visuals (word is from people who listened to the music that the decision of the filmmakers was correct.)

"The Mutant" over at the FSM messageboard has been adding back the cues to the film to see how they would have sounded/looked in the film (http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0). I had a quick listen to the cue "Ticking Time Bomb" and it sounds as though the music alone will be one of those experiences that are sometimes euphemistically called "a difficult listen" and may fall down on the side of a bad blind buy.

[EDIT: The track "Meltdown!" is a much more action-oriented cue - but still sits uncomfortably with the mood of the film.]

I'll be listening to it later tonight.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    A recent completely blind purchase is Michael Small's The China Syndrome. It was an impulse buy and I hadn't listened to any of the clips Intrada had made available. I was intrigued to hear what had been composed and then rejected from a great film. A film that really benefited from the lack of music!

It sounds a bit daft but it's a great opportunity to listen to some music that just wasn't right for the visuals (word is from people who listened to the music that the decision of the filmmakers was correct.)

"The Mutant" over at the FSM messageboard has been adding back the cues to the film to see how they would have sounded/looked in the film (http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0). I had a quick listen to the cue "Ticking Time Bomb" and it sounds as though the music alone will be one of those experiences that are sometimes euphemistically called "a difficult listen" and may fall down on the side of a bad blind buy.

[EDIT: The track "Meltdown!" is a much more action-oriented cue - but still sits uncomfortably with the mood of the film.]

I'll be listening to it later tonight.

Ordered this on day of release. Daresay it will arrive here in about a month, maybe two.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2009 edited
    Southall wrote

Ordered this on day of release.

As did I - and it arrived this morning. Though the Mount Pleasant customs stamp said 26th September - and SAE said it shipped on the 21st September.

NP: "Mirror, Mirror" - Star Trek - Fred Steiner

Ah, the nostalgia!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn