• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2009 edited
    I didn't know that either but don't tell me it wasn't obvious that it was political crap behind this? Attention-grabbing gimmicks, From all the problems of the world, what Polanski did 31 years ago is the one we have to deal with right now? BS.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2009
    I think it is necessary that he stand in front of the court and defend himself if he is innocent. I agree with Tom's point of view and glad that finally someone arrested him.
  1. to me the only the thing what's important is that crimes receives the punishment they deserve. If that crime has been served in the past, then it is over, no need to open old wounds. but if the crime wasn't punished then it doesn't for me how long it takes, justice must pay.

That goes for all things in life, whether it are big celebrities or basic common folk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2009 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    to me the only the thing what's important is that crimes receives the punishment they deserve. If that crime has been served in the past, then it is over, no need to open old wounds. but if the crime wasn't punished then it doesn't for me how long it takes, justice must pay.

That goes for all things in life, whether it are big celebrities or basic common folk

I don't agree; not if the outcome for the victim and everyone else is WORSE than if you didn't do it. It's all case-dependent. In this case, there are many contextual issues that requires you to step back and ask what the benefit of a trial and sentence actually is. The law is NEVER something that should be implemented in all cases at all times at all costs.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2009
    christilton wrote
    I think many of you are not realizing that his lawyers and the judge came to an agreement that he plead guilty to one of the six charges, and then the 42 days he spent in jail would be counted as his time served. He plead guilty, and then later the judge tried to reneg on the agreement. There were a lot of shady corrupt things going on. In any case, knowing that he wasn't going to win out against a corrupt judge, he fled. He was also sued by the woman he had sex with and an undisclosed settlement was made. Even the victim now has pleaded for the case to be dismissed and just let it go. His arrest is nothing but a bunch of political shenanigans.

There appears to be more to this than I first realized.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2009
    He was freed today btw. About time this fiasco ended.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2009
    Time to move on
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    He was freed today btw. About time this fiasco ended.

As I understand it, there was only a bail. He will still be in house arrest in Switzerland with a foot chain (a contemporary variant, of course) and the US extradition is still on. sad
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    As I said its time to move on