• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2009 edited
    The whilom father of new age music which has defined a whole decade and a half with his early Enigma albums and his widespread influential sound, but who has epically fallen in cheap and old-fashioned self-recyclings that borrow from to light pop and dance or even hip-hop (!) in their last 2-3 albums. Altogether, they pale in shame when compared to the first three albums by the group. Such a shame.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    The whilom father of new age music which has defined a whole decade and a half with his early Enigma albums and his widespread influential sound, but who has epically fallen in cheap and old-fashioned self-recyclings that borrow from to light pop and dance or even hip-hop (!) in their last 2-3 albums. Altogether, they pale in shame when compared to the first three albums by the group. Such a shame.

I'm not sure I would call him the "father of New Age music". It's a bit too recent for that; I'd rather give that title to someone like Vangelis or Jean Michel Jarre or Andreas Wollenweider or someone. Still, I enjoyed some of Enigma's early stuff.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2009
    I have most of his albums, and I have to agree. Anything after 2000's "The Screen Behind The Mirror" leaves much to be desired. I think it's mostly because there are so many people who does it much better now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I'm not sure I would call him the "father of New Age music". It's a bit too recent for that; I'd rather give that title to someone like Vangelis or Jean Michel Jarre or Andreas Wollenweider or someone. Still, I enjoyed some of Enigma's early stuff.

Well he surely revolutionized the genre and brought that music to the wider audiences. He was the one who made it popular to the masses.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thor wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Well he surely revolutionized the genre and brought that music to the wider audiences. He was the one who made it popular to the masses.

I'd rather specify and say he helped the whole World Music angle of New Age into blossoming.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2009
    Yeah, he made it populist.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt