• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2009
    Tom, message sent!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Katiek wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

And why are they giving them away then?

Because my house is overflowing with stuff and I really needed to clean up some of my clutter. I've kept the ones I play the most or really treasure, but I just couldn't keep everything. I didn't want to try to sell them on ebay because it would take too long, but I wanted to share them with people who'd appreciate them. Thanks to Tom and BhelPuri for taking the time to post the information and share the cds smile I don't post here a lot, but I lurk and often get some great suggestions from the posters. Offering them here seemed like a great way to contribute to the forum and help me get my collection under control.

It's a wonderful gesture for sure. Care to share what kind of music / film music you ARE enjoying listening to instead? I am curious, 'cause in the boxes you sent away there's some pretty good stuff!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Bruce Smeaton at the Movies includes A Town Like Alice and Iceman

This one is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Seconded beer

Smeaton is a fine composer and seriously under-represented on CD, two of my favourite scores by him have never had any form of release, The Devil's Playground ( not a horror film ) and Circle of Iron ( aka The Silent Flute ).
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    4 so far. If you see your name on the original list that Katiek sent me make sure you PM me with your address. I'll pay for the shipping and mailer as Katiek paid the postage to me. Feliz already provided me with an address.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorchristopher
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2009 edited
    Oh, with jewel cases please, if it's not too much trouble. And I would like Love Affair, too. Unless of course someone else would rather have it (if you do, speak up....I feel like a beggar here). Thanks again!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2009
    christopher wrote
    Oh, with jewel cases please, if it's not too much trouble. And I would like Love Affair, too. Unless of course someone else would rather have it (if you do, speak up....I feel like a beggar here). Thanks again!

OK, not a problem. You want a love affair and you get it! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Thor will need to PM me with his address so he can get Knights of the Roundtable
  1. Did you get my PM, Tom?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    christopher wrote
    Did you get my PM, Tom?

Nope
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2009
    Hey Tom,
    Looks like you didn't get my PM either. I had asked about a couple of cds.

Christopher,
    Can you PM me your mailing address?
  2. Done. I sent you another PM, Tom.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I also sent you a PM Tom.

I asked for those:
    http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … e/#Item_22
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Tom, I'm interested in Nim's Island - if you don't need it. PM also sent about it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Yikes!!!! Got them all.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Wow, you guys are really great, thanks to all three involved for the kindness and the initiative!

PMs sent by the way - and I'll very gladly pay for shipping, naturally!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2009 edited
    Speed Racer, Mulan, Sahara & For Love or Money are gone!

There are some more cds remaining. No Zimmer fans? No fans of Bacharach or Sondheim? Nobody wants Kill Bill Vol 2?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've PM'd you BP.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    I've PM'd you BP.

Cool! You got them!

Surprised that there are no takers for the following-

http://www.amazon.com/Cinema-Charlie-Ch … B00000I102
    http://www.amazon.com/Williams-Concerto … B0000029TZ
    http://www.amazon.com/Symphonic-Animate … 0000011KI/
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009
    Shipped: Erik#1, christopher, Bregt, fommes, Darkashram
    Will ship tomorrow: Erik#2, Timmer, Feliz

Tom,
    If you get the time, it might be useful to update your list with the ones that are available
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009
    Will when I have a chance
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2009
    I've not shipped anything yet but I've begun the process. I bought the mailing material and will get the declaration forms from the postoffice, hopefully today and fill them out. I'll let all know when I mail them.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    OK, I know I've been out of it for a bit, but I can't for the life of me make sense out of what this thread is now all about.

The thing I got (and applaud and laud and praise) is that Katiek is giving away CDs she's not listening to any more (what a lovely gesture!).

After that -it may be the anti malaria medication- it gets all terribly confusing.
    Tom and BhelPuri are now giving stuff away as well?
    And other people?

confused
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tom and BP become the recipients of two large parcels from Katiek.

Tom and BP have been generous enough to give away copies of CD's they already had or didn't want.

p.s. are you still taking the anti-malarial medication?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ahhhhh...I understand now.
    Cheers.

On the pills: no, I'm not. Had to take them continuing the week after I left malaria territory, but that's about a week ago now. Hm. Interesting. When I started taking them my stomach was quite upset as well...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sort of what I was wondering? I can't remember the name now but some malaria tablets in the past had very distressing side effects, even nightmarish 'LSD like' bad tripping effects.

I'm sure you'll get sorted soon anyway.

How are you feeling now?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yah: you're talking Lariam.
    BAD stuff.
    That's not what I got. Wouldn't touch the stuff with a ten-foot pole. I would seriously prefer a bout of malaria!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'm sorry for all you who are feeling shitty for whatever reason.

Something has been sneaking up on me too these last few days, and a fever has started to take hold. And just now when I had parties planned for the weekend! Damn it all!

Of course, I won't automatically think it's "oink oink", but Norway will distribute vaccines to the general population in mid November, and I think I'll be in line for that then.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hopefully it won't turn out to be anything nasty Thor, I'm recovering very well now and (touch wood) seem to have bypassed the bug that put Mel in bed for a week. I just had various symptoms which, though unpleasent was nowhere near what Mel suffered.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Yah: you're talking Lariam.
    BAD stuff.
    That's not what I got. Wouldn't touch the stuff with a ten-foot pole. I would seriously prefer a bout of malaria!

Yeah, that's the one, I never took it ( and heard too many horror stories ), do they still prescribe it?

I can't remember the name of the malaria tablets I took? I took them for about two months and during that time I had a nasty indigestion that started up everytime I ate something, it was really nasty, it felt like a pair of strong hands gripping my oesophagus slowly sqeezing downwards everytime I swallowed something, this stopped as soon as I stopped taking the tablets, I felt I would rather chance not getting malaria without them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    , even nightmarish 'LSD like' bad tripping effects.
    ?

How you you know how LSD bad tripping effects are like?

iiiiiiiouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.