• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2009 edited
    Why is it that Lennie gets a glittering 5 star review and still no forum topic? Ah well. I fixed it.

Lennie Moore's most notable work is his score for Outcast (review), which was the 2000 nominee for Best Music by the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences. He composed The Lord of the Rings: War of the Ring and a few other game/TV scores and recently won a G.A.N.G. Award for the Watchmen Motion Comic web series. None of his scores have really reached the same level of renown as Outcast, however. Outcast was one of the first full-scale orchestral video game scores and remains one of the best.

Free Music:
    -Outcast: Full Score Download
    The entire 17 track score is up for download at the game's official site. (You might want to mention this on the score's review page?)
    -Recommended tracks: All of it!

-Lennie's Website
    Includes tracks from War of the Ring, Dragonshard, Trinity & Beyond, etc.
    -Recommended tracks:
    Outcast - An alternate version of the score. Some tracks are shorter than the one listed above.
    "Anorian - Good Battle" - LotR: WotR
    "Castle Bravo" - Trinity & Beyond
    "Deus Vult" - Trinity & Beyond
    "Discovery Ambience" - Plague of Darkness
    "Acura NSX" - Short Commerical
  1. This composer really needs to compose for a high-profile game or film again. He's a very talented, yet underused man. At one point they ware making Outcast 2 but that got cancelled. What a shame! To have another score of that calibre would've been a gift from heaven.

I'm going to check those links at some point. Thanks Feliz.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. Thanks Feliz, for adding him on the topic list
    indeed, a composer who gets such a terrific rating on this board, deserves a topic too

so muchos gracias
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2009 edited
    De nada. wink

Other than the music listed above, Lennie apparently doesn't have much available for download/purchase. This is all I could find:

-Video Game Trailers (Co-composed with Bill Brown and Alex Karlamov)
    -Trinity & Beyond (Co-composed with William Stromberg and John Morgan)
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2009 edited
    Moore will also be scoring the upcoming video game Star Wars: The Old Republic, along with Mark Griskey, Gordy Haab, Wilbert Roget, II and Peter McConnell. There'll be about 90 minutes of score.

-Source
  3. Glad to see the guy is still writing music but when will he be able to repeat the awesomeness of 'Outcast'?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2010
    Maybe with The Old Republic. Or at least that team might. Here's a pretty good interview with the composers of The Old Republic.

Composing the Music of Star Wars: The Old Republic

The music playing in the background sounds very promising! I'm looking forward to it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2010
    Most impressive!

It had better get an official score release!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2010
    From the sounds of it, it would be a grave mistake for them not to. But it wouldn't be the first time something like that's happened at all (ex. Chance Thomas' Avatar: The Game score). Here's hoping folks act sensibly and release it one way or another. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2010
    No offense against ol' Lennie, but his name sounds like your everyday British pub regular.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2010
    From London's eastend, gawd bless ya guv,nor.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2010
    Better than Lennie Less, I guess. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2012
    I was just introduced to the "Watchmen" music on a closeout 2 DVD set of the animated 12 episode set. The music was quite subdued and overall pleasant.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2012
    Well The Old Republic never did get a full official release, it was just included with the collectors edition of the game. But they also released quite a few cues online that didn't fit on the CD release:

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111201

I'm not sure which cues Lennie did exactly, but The Mandalorian Blockade and The Occupation of Balmorra are very good!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2014 edited
    Kickstarter project for Outcast Reboot HD is going on for a few more days. Lennie would hypothetically be doing the new score, but at this rate I'm guessing this one won't make its goal. I chipped in a bit.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ou … -reboot-hd