• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2009
    MovieScore Media presents

PANDORUM
    Music Composed by
    MICHL BRITSCH

Sound clips and more info:
    http://www.moviescoremedia.com/pandorum.html

CD distributed by Screen Archives Entertainment:
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=12971

In collaboration with German soundtrack label Königskinder Music and Constantin Film, MovieScore Media will release the spine-chilling original score from Pandorum on CD on October 27. Scored by newcomer Michl Britsch, Pandorum's scary sci-fi/horror plot is accompanied by an interesting melange of ice-cold orchestrations, unsettling electronics and pounding percussion.

Although the score certainly pays its dues to the classic Alien score, Pandorum is a very modern, bold and edgy score which combines subtle but unsettling orchestral elements with twisted, distorted and frightening sounds as nightmarish as the film itself. The film, which stars Dennis Quaid and Ben Foster, just opened in the US with world-wide distribution to follow.

This album will be released on CD only by MovieScore Media - the digital download version is available already from Königskinder.

MMS08024 PANDORUM (Original Soundtrack)
    Music Composed by MICHL BRITSCH
    Release date (CD only): October 27, 2009

Track titles:

1 All That Is Left Of Us 2.43
    2 Pandorum 3.58
    3 Anti Riot 4.17
    4 Shape 2.03
    5 Hunting Party 2.48
    6 Kulzer Complex 4.40
    7 Tanis Probe Broadcast 2.01
    8 Scars 2.20
    9 Fucking Solidarity 3.28
    10 Gallo's Birth 2.22
    11 Biolab Attack 2.25
    12 Kanyrna 3.22
    13 The Stars All Look Alike 4.32
    14 Boom 3.55
    15 Reactor 4.08
    16 Skin On Skin 3.21
    17 Fight Fight Fight 2.56
    18 Bower's Trip 7.51
    19 Discovery End Credits 7.55
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Wow, you're like releasing a score almost every few days, aren't you? (No complaints here of course!) Is business good for these sort of CDs? I imagine you get a good deal of profits from the specific countries the film was released in? Cheers!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    This is one of the films that I'm really anxious to see. Sci fi/horror films are too few and far between these days.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2009
    Yeah, I want to see this film too - exactly my cup of tea too. Give me more claustrophobic sci-fi!!!

Fommes, we're actually releasing a new album every week currently and most likely will do so for the rest of the year. In terms of profits... well, that depends on you wink To tell you the truth, with a few exceptions (such as Pandorum), most of our albums are from small, independent and not very well known films (ever heard of The Red Canvas?) so the sales figures can be anything from surprisingly good to mediocre...

mc
  1. moviescore wrote
    ...most of our albums are from small, independent and not very well known films (ever heard of The Red Canvas?) so the sales figures can be anything from surprisingly good to mediocre...

Mikael, you mention that these are from small, independent films. Is the sort of deal that they strike with you a significant boost to their return in the film (depending on the sort of deal that is struck)? Or are they more interested in the exposure their film gets (leading to larger box office or DVD sales)?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    Interesting question. I think they are more interested in the exposure - in some cases the soundtrack seem to generate more buzz than the film itself! But of course money is important and no one would strike a deal if we don't pay a substantial licence for the rights, and also it is important for us that an album generates some additional revenues for the talented composers we work with.

Cheers,

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Thanks for your replies, Mikael - very interesting!
  2. Yeah, thanks for the replies Mikael.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn