• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Bodyguards and Assassins (2009)

--------------------------------------

The Last Starfighter (1984)

Will this be on our next to watch list? wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2011
    THE LAST STARFIGHTER = 150/10

Classic 80's film. Blew my mind when I saw all those years ago!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    THE LAST STARFIGHTER = 150/10

Classic 80's film. Blew my mind when I saw all those years ago!

-Erik-

I know I would have adored this if I ever saw this one when I was a little kid. Now I just enjoyed it because of the lovely charm

ah, I give it 7 smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Bodyguards and Assassins (2009)

--------------------------------------

The Last Starfighter (1984)

Will this be on our next to watch list? wink

Bodyguards and Assassins definitely, but when it appears on blu-ray because my download wasn't all that good.

The Last Starfighter definitely definitely wink , it deserves to be seen once by a big 80's fan like yourself, if not the least for the rousing score. smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  4. beer C O O L beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2011
    The Human Monster (1939) an English horror movie starring Bela Lugosi. Based on a Edgar Wallace novel.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    This is pure fun and has 0 redeeming value
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    IN DREAMS is on TV right now, I'm not interested in the film but I'm enjoying Goldenthal's score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    sdtom wrote
    The Human Monster (1939) an English horror movie starring Bela Lugosi. Based on a Edgar Wallace novel.
    Thomas

This was the first film classified as horror by the British
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    another george gently. damn good stories
  5. TRON

I decided to finally watch this as I'm seeing Tron Legacy later today, so as to get up to speed what it's all about. And I found myself enjoying it once I got used to the very dated visuals, also the story isn't too hard to follow and the music and sound effects were deliciously retro and cool. I now wonder why I never saw this as a kid.

Up next: the sequel in 3D. Can't wait... punk
  6. Just came back from

TRON LEGACY

It was a bit disappointing. Apart from the flashy visuals and the rocking soundtrack there's little to recommend. I wasn't expecting something great but the original had tons more charm and a look that still impresses even if it's dated now. It impresses because they did all that without CGI wizardry.

What's more the movie was so dark the whole time that the 3D glasses which darken the picture even more didn't add to the enjoyment. Here I found the 3D element strangely distracting, not at all like with Avatar. It left me cold in all honesty.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2011
    Glad i didn't pay to see it then although i admit i was heavily tempted.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I wasn't tempted.

Love LOVE the score though.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I too am glad that I didn't pay to see Tron. I doubt that it is even worth a rental.
    thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I loved the original so when Tron Legacy is available to rent I will see it!

BTW, say Piranha 3D last night... Tom, stay far, far away from this one.

However, I like boobies, over the top gore and the simply gorgeous Jessica Szohr... so I had a blast with it! My wife loved it, too!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  7. And the score isn't bad either.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2011 edited
    Erik Woods wrote

However, I like boobies, over the top gore and the simply gorgeous Jessica Szohr... so I had a blast with it! My wife loved it, too!

-Erik-

I like boobies too! lick Doesn't Kelly Brook get her clackers out in this?
  8. Minority Report

Such a classy sci-fi film that always takes my breath away with each viewing. A giant puzzle of a film that is always entertaining. One of Spielberg's finest with some expertly shot sequences (the Anderton escape + car factory chase, the spyder scanning scene, the one in the mall). And I think John wrote some absolutely fine music for this film, it maybe isn't always interesting on CD but it definitely moves the story forward and adds so much life to the characters.
  9. Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I like boobies too! lick Doesn't Kelly Brook get her clackers out in this?

Or what Al Bundy used to say... biggrin
  10. Apollo 13.

One of my all-time favorites, yet again. My review here.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    And the score isn't bad either.

I think the score is horrible and thank God it was mixed so incredibly low in the film.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

I think the score is horrible and thank God it was mixed so incredibly low in the film.

-Erik-

You noticed the score? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Saw Black Swan last night, very well-shot, excellently-directed, brilliantly-acted and scored. Very worthy movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

-Erik-

You noticed the score? wink

True... there were many distractions biggrin but during the latter half of the film, where most of the action takes place, I found it odd that there was little to no music used while the soundtrack album is barrage of noise!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Erik Woods wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

-Erik-

yeah
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The score is the most horrible thing i've heard this year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2011 edited
    AGORA

I hadn't heard the story of Hypatia before. Fascinating character, with great ideas (though the fact that she had slaves was a bit off) and so sad to see how this all went. The movie certainly is not ambiguous in its message of fundamentalism and religion, and how easy it is to get brainwashed by it. I'm sure it's all exaggerated, but then, sanity surely has never been a top priority by these folks, so why make it any more difficult. Power through religion was the goal, and it's rather depressing to realize it still is playing a large role in politics (and society).

Did the burning of the books really took place, or was this just a reference to the Dark Ages, or at least the start of it? The movie reminded me of this demotivator.

Lucky reason prevailed but it did take a fooking long time.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2011
    Brilliant movie, the score is fantastic too.
  11. The burning of the library as depicted in the film is a fictional event, I understand.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am