• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorGregg Nestor
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2009 edited
    Just finished recording a Suite from 3:10 to Yuma for harmonica and guitar, with harmonica legend Tommy Morgan for download. It was arranged for me by composer George Duning in the mid '90s at the suggestion of Tony Thomas for an unrealised recording of Western film themes with guitar, and I've had the manuscripts in Duning's handwriting sitting here all this time. Tommy Morgan is a icon among Harmonica players, with over 600 films to his credit, and so getting him to play on it was a real treat for both him and me.

Also recorded "Viva l'Amour" - a 2 guitar original piece of music from the George Pal film "The Power". Music by Miklós Rózsa.

Soon to record "Toccata" - a solo guitar work by Jerry Goldsmith, initially written for guitarist Laurindo Almeida. In the meantime, you can hear my 2 guitar re-recording of Goldsmith's "Rio Lobo" via AMAZON.

These and others are and will be available for download via AMAZON - the releasing distributor is via
    www.buysoundtrax.com

GREGG NESTOR
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2009
    Gregg Nestor wrote
    It was arranged for me by composer George Duning in the mid '90s at the suggestion of Tony Thomas for an unrealised recording of Western film themes with guitar

That's lovely! What great contacts you've built up over time! smile

Will these recordings be available on CD at some point? (It's just a personal preference: if given the choice, I will prefer a physical medium over a download any ol' time).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorGregg Nestor
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2009 edited
    Eventually these new recordings will be available on CD - but I don't know when.
  1. I always look forward to listening to your new projects Gregg - I'll keep an eye on your new releases.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2009
    I'm looking forward to it
    thomas
    listen to more classical music!