• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2009
    An extremely talent composer, a gifted 3D artist and creative sound designer. This guy has all the skills and they are all very impressive. He is responsible for the many reincarnations of the 3D Warner Bros. logos that we see at the beginning of films and in trailers, has mixed hundreds of television and radio commercials, as well as several feature films, short films, episodic television projects, and theme park rides and supplied the music for them as well. His site contains the full score for FORBIDDEN WARRIOR - for free - as well as his impressive music for BATMAN: THE SIMULATION RIDE and a Warner Bros. promotion piece called THE WORLD IS WATCHING. All very impressive, massive orchestral scores! You can also download his other trailer and theme park ride music.

Enjoy!

http://www.mikeverta.com

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2009 edited
    Yeah, I've been "touting his horn" for a while now (hey, lose those naughty thoughts!), because although he is not terribly original, he's one of the BEST "approximators" of John Williams' sound that I've ever heard, even more so than McNeely or Debney or what-have-you. It's also a guy who knows his way around an orchestra. It's very entertaining pastiche; I recommend you to check out the music clips in the link above to hear what I mean.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thanks for the heads up!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Listening to Forbidden Warrior now, and I second the thanks for the heads up!
  1. Forbidden Warrior isn't bad indeed, strong orchestral score, and a mighty fine main theme
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    It's very good, but now that I have listened to it I struggle with how this is different from Debney or certainly McNeely, who has demonstrated far better material than this. The temp track in Forbidden Warrior shines through once too often, a pity, because it's very fun indeed.
  2. it's above Williams sometimes in sound
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    What?
    WHAT?
    shocked

Seriously, though, how do you mean?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    More 'What's' than WHAT Martijn said!

Explain thyself.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Yeah, man, I hope you mean sound quality - or else, or else!
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2009 edited
    Of course it isn't BETTER than Williams (I don't know what Thomas is on about), but I've never heard anyone so CLOSE in style to Williams. Not even McNeely or Debney, often thought of as "Williams lite". I wish I could pinpoint it in musical terms, but I lack them. It's especially evident in the action material. I'll see if I can find some time frames as example.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Thor wrote
    Of course it isn't BETTER than Williams (I don't know what Thomas is on about), but I've never heard anyone so CLOSE in style to Williams. Not even McNeely or Debney, often thought of as "Williams lite". I wish I could pinpoint it in musical terms, but I lack them. It's especially evident in the action material. I'll see if I can find some time frames as example.

I mean exactly what you write here, Verta's Forbidden Warrior is so close to Williams style, nuff said
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2009
    The Afrika dude is the best WIlliam clone i've ever heard. He does it IMPRESSIVELY GOOD.

John Williams too, at places wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.