• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2014
    My favourite Clinton is George Clinton of Funkadelic-Parliament fame. Give em a stage and they'll blow any other Clinton to kingdom come with their wicked funky grooves. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2014
    Yeah. Strange that ol' George didn't do any film scores.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2014
    The big muscular theme in Pompeii reminds me of something. But what? It's driving me mad trying to work out what it is. I'm sure it's something famous. (I don't mean the Gladiator stuff.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You mean the opening cue, right? the first track...it's driving me crazy too!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Carmina Burana?
    The Uruk-Hai theme from LotR?
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. It reminds me a lot of Audiomachine.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  3. Yeah, I agree. Sounds like something a trailer music company would produce. And indeed it's more of the Audiomachine uplifting-anthem variety than the Two Steps full-on orchestral speed metal approach.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2014 edited
    Aha. I found it. Two Steps From Hell - Heart of Courage is what I was thinking of. Since I've definitely never heard that on album, I guess I must have heard it in an advert or something.
  4. Ah, yes! I can hear the similarities (in defence of my now rather foolish-sounding above statement, that's one of Two Steps' most Audomachine-like pieces). The reason that cue sounds familiar to you, James, is probably because it was used as the walk-out music for the Euro 2012.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    The reason that cue sounds familiar to you, James, is probably because it was used as the walk-out music for the Euro 2012.

Aha, you're probably right!
  5. Some would say that that was appropriate: "we need music for people to walk out to." "Ah, you want music to play that is so derivative that people will just get up and leave? I've got just the thing." "No, not that kind of 'walking out.'"
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2014
    I liked this actually; i can see how gladiator was shoved down his throat (completely not his style, this score here), but still it's very well done; if you see the ridiculous trailer for this stupid movie, i think you really can't blame the composer here; or he will be the last one to blame, anyway. This, and Kantelinen's Legend of Hercules (another piss-poor movie) are very similar, thematic, grand and very well-done, regardless how cliched.
  6. My review of POMPEII for anyone who is interested:

http://moviemusicuk.us/2014/03/05/pompe … n-shorter/

Jon
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2014 edited
    The opening cue (main title, "Pompeii") is a very good piece, including the choral rendition in the end "Praying for Help". I wish we heard this main theme more often in the score.