• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009 edited
    I don't know if you guys take review suggestions, but some of the best soundtracks to come out this year (in my opinion) probably haven't been noticed by many on this site and I'd really like to see some formal reviews/others' opinions on the albums.

-Viva Piñata (The official soundtrack released 7/28/09)
    -Killzone 2 (iTunes released 10/19/09)

...And maybe the Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts soundtrack? (Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier was also good as far as RC stuff goes, but perhaps not in the same league as the others.) I'd most like to see a review for Viva Piñata though. Grant Kirkhope has a really great composition style.
  1. Viva Piñata is a fresh little soundtrack. With titles like "Oven-Fresh Day", how can it not bring a smile!

Why not take a stab at a review yourself? And spread the word for these little-known scores?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009
    Very interesting topic, well done!

How would you describe KILLZONE 2?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Give it a try Feliz
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    Well, see, I'm hesitant to write the review myself because I just like VP too much. It would probably come off as the most biased "Buy this score" propaganda this site has ever seen. :P
  2. Feliz wrote
    Well, see, I'm hesitant to write the review myself because I just like VP too much. It would probably come off as the most biased "Buy this score" propaganda this site has ever seen. :P

If you like it and you try to explain why you like it then that's fine.

If people disagree that doesn't make what you write wrong. But it does start interest and a discussion where views are exchanged.

Go on, give it a try. There's plenty of people here who could also give advice it you want it.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2010 edited
    I am content. There has finally been a review of Viva Piñata. And a good one too, I think.

I'm thinking about reviewing Invincible sometime. This would probably be a better starting review since the differences between the tracks in Viva Piñata are quite subtle and I probably wouldn't do that score much justice.

Anyways, read the review! And get the album and tell me if I've totally blown it out of proportion. wink
  3. Viva Piñata is definitely worthy of peoples' attention. A very enjoyable score.