• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009
    MovieScore Media presents

MERLIN: SERIES TWO
    Music Composed by
    ROB LANE and ROHAN STEVENSON

Sound clips and more info:
    http://www.moviescoremedia.com/merlin2.html

CD distributed by Screen Archives Entertainment:
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=12999

Download album in 320kbit mp3 format here:
    http://www.payloadz.com/go?id=1164770

Download album on iTunes here:
    http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/merlin … d338234581

MovieScore Media follows up last year’s award-nominated Merlin album with a second volume featuring original music from the second series of the very popular BBC fantasy show, currently attracting over 5 million viewers in the UK.

The album features a carefully assembled selection from the second series composed by the Emmy-nominated Rob Lane (the composer of the first album as well as acclaimed scores such as John Adams, Elizabeth I, Jane Eyre, Longford and Tess of the d'Urbervilles) and Rohan Stevenson.

Epic, exciting, romantic, spell-binding and magical music that takes the great standard of the first series of Merlin to an even higher level!

Track titles:
    1 Main Titles 0.34
    2 Sigan's Revenge 3.14
    3 The Attraction of Evil 3.02
    4 Gwen & Arthur 0.56
    5 Avalon 4.13
    6 The Substitute Knight 1.24
    7 The Joust 2.00
    8 Myror the Assassin 2.32
    9 Lancelot Leaves 1.55
    10 The Machinations of Cedric 1.57
    11 The Mark of the Raven 1.43
    12 Sigan's Tomb 2.16
    13 Settlement Attack 3.47
    14 Gaius Arraigned 1.41
    15 Farewell to Gwen 1.42
    16 The Forged Seal 1.23
    17 Lancelot's Heroism 3.05
    18 Morgana's Nightmares 3.53
    19 Hiding Excalibur 2.05
    20 Finale 8.58

MMS09027 MERLIN: SERIES TWO - Original Television Soundtrack
    Music Composed by Rob Lane and Rohan Stevenson
    Release date: November 17, 2009.

1. This will make Ralph happy in particular smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. Going to listen to the sound samples right now!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009 edited
    Sold. Since my PP account is empty at the moment, I hope iTunes has the 320 Version, too.

Edit:

It´s 256. Well, too late now, I guess.

But it´s worth it! 52 minutes of the best stuff TV has to offer at the moment.

Edit: Lancelot´s Heroism. shocked You´re killing me. Bloody brilliant!!!

Edit: I´m just spoiling myself listening to the 9 min track "Finale", but for once, I don´t care. HOLY FRAK!!!

Season 2 has been one great ride, much, much better than Season 1, and listening to this, I can´t wait to see how it all ends. It´s MUCH darker this season, and I LOVE it.

"Finale" gets better and better!!! shocked
  3. if this doesn't get you interested, what will? smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009
    Yeah, but Ralph, is it any good?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. if he says it's better than CD 1, I'm game smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2009
    It´s 256. Well, too late now, I guess.

But it's in a different format, so 256 in iTunes is better or at least equal to 320 mp3s.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2009 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Yeah, but Ralph, is it any good?

Given the level of disagreement about what makes a score good, I´ll keep my mouth shut. You know I like A LOT of stuff that is considered to be rubbish by some.

So let me put it this way: If you loved the first score, you will love this one, too, especially since it has some of the most important themes from Season 1 on it which were missing on the first release. It´s no cheating, because they feature in Season 2 as well, so combined with the REAL new stuff (which is also great), yeah, this CD will satisfy you if you love the series or liked the first album.

There are a lot of clips out there that should give you the right idea about this score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    biggrin

Cheers Ralph, but I was just being a bit facetious, in light of your exuberant reaction. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. I'll definitely try it out Ralph smile
  6. Martijn wrote
    biggrin

Cheers Ralph, but I was just being a bit facetious, in light of your exuberant reaction. smile

Oh. I see. Joking. Strange concept for us germans. wink

Take it under consideration that I have a 39° fever from a terrible cold and SHOULD be in bed right now instead of trying to decipher the subtler means of communication. biggrin

So YEAH, it IS good. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Martijn wrote
    biggrin

Oh. I see. Joking. Strange concept for us germans. wink

Take it under consideration that I have a 39° fever from a terrible cold and SHOULD be in bed right now instead of trying to decipher the subtler means of communication. biggrin

So YEAH, it IS good. punk

Why, what's wrong? Why the high fever?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2009
    It's Captain Tripps I tell ya! slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. I´ve had three very rough days with a dry cough, sneeze, fever and headaches, feeling down and quite sick. The doctor gave me antibiotics, so she seems to think it´s neither Swine flu nor any other kind of viral mess. Well, let´s hope she´s right. She didn´t even test me. rolleyes
    But she´s been an analytic genius in the past (without being an ass like House, bless her), so I´ll give her the benefit of the doubt.

On the other hand, this morning I feel slightly better and more active. Let´s hope that this was it. It wouldn´t have been so bad if my wife wouldn´t be in the hospital currently to have her gallbladder removed, and I couldn´t visit her as much as I wanted too.

@Timmer: Just to be on the safe side, I looked up what Captain Tripps meant. I´m glad I did, or this could have gone in a slightly wrong direction. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2009
    biggrin beer

Glad you're feeling better Ralph and I hope your wife is recovering well too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009
    Ralph, get well soon. I'd advice checking up with a different doctor too, if the whole stinky illness business insists, just to be sure, to get a 2nd opinion.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  8. Many thanks for your best wishes. As it seems now, the analytic record of my doctor remains flawless, because I´m feeling much better today. And my wife left hospital this morning, fully recovered, totally alive and kicking, as usual. So things are definitely getting well here.

On a sidenote, I just saw that MSM is going to release the score from BBC´s newest version of Emma, which was not only extremely nice to watch, but had a beautiful score as well, and you can count on me buying it immediately.
    • CommentAuthorCJ
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2009
    Has anyone ever ordered from the payloadz site? I ordered the 320kbps version from the link posted at the top but it wasn't an instantaneous download. I have a download link they emailed me, but it sends me to a "shipping information" page with info about my purchase, but no download link.

I is confuzzled.
  9. CJ wrote
    Has anyone ever ordered from the payloadz site? I ordered the 320kbps version from the link posted at the top but it wasn't an instantaneous download. I have a download link they emailed me, but it sends me to a "shipping information" page with info about my purchase, but no download link.

I is confuzzled.

I have used this method on several occasions - with minimal problems (note no "no problems"!)

I've found that I've needed to use Internet Explorer when ordering: the system doesn't seem to like Opera much. If everything went through PayPal okay then you should have been taken back to the "merchant" from PayPal that has a direct download button.

I'd certainly contact Mikael and he'll do everything to help resolve this issue. Mikael's a regular poster here so you could also PM him here asking for help.

Hope this helps.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorCJ
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2009
    Yah, I sent him an email after trying to figure it out. I've heard nothing back yet though.
  10. CJ wrote
    Yah, I sent him an email after trying to figure it out. I've heard nothing back yet though.

I notice that he's not been visiting here for 3 days so he may be "out-of-town". I'm sure that he'll get onto the problem as soon as he can.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn