• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009
    JAMES CAMERON

Oh! Yeah, if we have thread on Spielberg, why not on JAMES CAMERON? I adore this guy very much. I was quite disappointed with his long break from film world. But now, he is back. His most unforgettable works are The Terminator, Aliens, The Abyss, Terminator 2 Judgment Day and of course, Titanic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Cameron

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2009/11/f … r_cameron/

Wow! What a director?

I deeply believe that his forthcoming movie AVATAR would just rock the world.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    With the amount of money there spending it better quake the world
    listen to more classical music!
  1. Cameron? Nope, doesn't ring a bell. confused confused confused

Isn't he a character in Entourage?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. indeed, James Cameron is one of the ultimate directors, he deserves a thread of his own

the rest is basically history
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Oh that Cameron, the man that helmed Piranha II ??? shame

Fantastic director. And his work after that one ain't too shabby either.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Piranha II ( The Flying Killers )? Everyone has to start somewhere! I've never seen it, is it any good?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Timmer wrote
    Piranha II ( The Flying Killers )? Everyone has to start somewhere! I've never seen it, is it any good?

it is about piranhas that fly, I'm sure you get the point where I'm going with this wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...and they kill too!?

Okay, sounds like a 'must see'.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    indeed, James Cameron is one of the ultimate directors, he deserves a thread of his own

the rest is basically history

Indeed. Was there even films before Cameron? wink
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...the odd one or two, no more than that.
  5. Timmer wrote
    ...and they kill too!?

they kill indeed
    it's corny as hell, but actually quite enjoyable
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I kid you not, I really would like to see it. Seeing a director in his infancy etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote

it is about piranhas that fly, I'm sure you get the point where I'm going with this wink

They What? oh.my.God.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  6. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    ...and they kill too!?

they kill indeed
    it's corny as hell, but actually quite enjoyable

So they're piranhas that terminate without hesitation, and do that like they're programmed to? Mmm... I'm just having an idea for a movie about a cybernetic creature of some kind killing and blowing shit up, just for the sake of it. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2009
    Boring!
    Now sinking boats! THAT's a novel idea!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote

They What? oh.my.God.

It's a true story.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Boring!
    Now sinking boats! THAT's a novel idea!

When can we expect the book then?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Who would buy it?
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I would but I'd expect it to come with a free packet of crayons.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    I would but I'd expect it to come with a free packet of crayons.

What colour?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Grey.
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote

They What? oh.my.God.

Demitris, you and your dirty young mind shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2009
    Can anyone please talk about James Cameron, at least on this thread? slant smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Main Titles.... Off topic?

Never!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    This thread is actually surprising on-topic for MT. Most posts are about Cameron (specifically his first film).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    But last few posts are off topics! biggrin
  8. Really what is there to say about Jimbo, he has made some of my favourite flicks (you can only guess which ones), his technical expertise is second to none and he is a genuinely great storyteller with emphasis on character depth and kickass female heroines. And he is also a dictator on set and a pain in the ass for actors and crew. But he wouldn't have made the films he has if he wasn't.

On topic enough?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    DreamTheater wrote
    On topic enough?

Not bad, but you forgot to list your six favourite types of fruit.
  9. I don't have six favourite types of fruit, but I do know how to defend myself against someone attacking me with a piece of fruit. wink

Oh no here we go again...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The BANANA