• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. SILVA SCREEN RECORDS PRESENTS
    EL CID

Highly acclaimed World Premiere recording of the complete score from the 1961 Charlton Heston Epic EL CID

Winner of International Film Music Critics Association Award for BEST RE-RECORDING OF AN EXISTING SCORE in 2008

"A towering achievement"
    - Empire Magazine (5 stars)

One of the largest score restoration projects ever undertaken, this set utilizes 91 musicians and a large choir, and totals over 140 minutes of music including themes omitted from the film. The booklet includes notes from director Martin Scorsese and Rózsa’s daughter Juliet.

“The scope, passion and grandeur of my father’s music are captured exquisitely” - Juliet Rózsa

“Rózsa himself thought that El Cid was one of his finest scores. I would put it more generally: it’s one of THE finest film scores” - Martin Scorsese

Composed by MIKLOS ROZSA
    Performed by The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra and Chorus, Conducted by Nic Raine
    Produced by James Fitzpatrick

US DIGITAL RELEASE DATE: December 15th, 2009

QUOTES

International Film Music Critics Association Award for
    BEST RE-RECORDING OF AN EXISTING SCORE in 2008

“A towering achievement”
    - Empire Magazine (5 stars)

“A score lover's dream, that's what this is… the finest, singular soundtrack collection set I have ever experienced”
    - Scorenotes.com

Editor’s Choice - September 2008
    “Thrilling and exceptionally well recorded CD Set”
    - Film Music Review

“Exceptional quality and quantity of music”
    - Music Web International

“A splendid new recording… a treasure that should be in every collection of Hollywood film music”
    - Buysoundtrax.com

“2008’s crowning glory for collectors”
    - Movie Music UK

“I've decided to devote the entire program this week listening to music from this classic masterpiece. You've never heard this music sound so incredibly good!”
    - filmscorefocus.org

For more information contact cinemediapromo@yahoo.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2009
    confused

What exactly is the news here?
    That they're going to sell it as MP3s in the US?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. I believe they made a new 2 CD set that´s not limited.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I believe they made a new 2 CD set that´s not limited.

Nice. From 3 CD's to 2 CD's. How about making it 1 CD so that I can pick it up too? wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    lol
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    applause
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. biggrin

Maybe we should open a topic. 'Custom 40 minute playlists for Thor for every 70+ min score out there'.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hahaha, that put a big smile to my face!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    40 minutes? I don't think Thor has that much of an attention span. I'd say 5 minutes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote
    40 minutes? I don't think Thor has that much of an attention span. I'd say 5 minutes.

Nah, much shorter. I prefer it if they aren't released at all! smile
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Thor wrote
    Steven wrote

Nah, much shorter. I prefer it if they aren't released at all! smile

Then you'd be a whole lot richer too.

Best to keep the music in the movies then hey?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2009
    I for one am glad to see that they are making this score available as a digital download to hopefully introduce people to some quality music. While many of us think little of digital downloads it is the way things are going to be.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
  5. Southall wrote
    This stuff comes from movies?

Stuff? Movies? What are you talking about? Last I heard music came out of instruments. confused