• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2009 edited
    BEST ORIGINAL SCORE - MOTION PICTURE

a. MICHAEL GIACCHINO - UP
    b. MARVIN HAMLISCH - THE INFORMANT!
    c. JAMES HORNER - AVATAR
    d. ABEL KORZENIOWSKI - A SINGLE MAN
    e. KAREN O, CARTER BURWELL - WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE

http://www.goldenglobes.org/news/id/159
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Quite predictable, but nice. The fiercest battle I see here is between Up and Avatar. I'm rooting for Giacchino, he deserves it hands down.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2009
    But the music of Up wasn't such a great one, in my opinion. So I'm rooting for Horner (I don't know the other three nominees)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nice, that 'where the wild things are' score is quite overrated though.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Up certainly was a great one IMO. More so in the film, admittedly. I'd vote for that... but then I've only heard bits of Avatar. (Though I'm guessing Avatar has a strong chance of winning since it's all about politics and money.)
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    I'm happy with the first three on the list. Anyone has heard the score for A Single Man ?
    I saw the previews at the theater two days ago and I really want to see the film. I never heard about the composer though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    UP had a few nice moments, but was otherwise rather "Meh!". I'm seeing AVATAR tomorrow. The others I haven't heard yet.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Tintin wrote
    I'm happy with the first three on the list. Anyone has heard the score for A Single Man ?
    I saw the previews at the theater two days ago and I really want to see the film. I never heard about the composer though.

Abel Korzeniowski is a Polish composer, known mostly for his work on a Jerzy Stuhr movie called "The Big Animal", about a village man finding and living with a circus camel. It's based on a previously unmade Krzysztof Kieslowski script.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The only one on the list to have attracted mainstream praise from film critics (which is usually a barometer of who will win) is The Informant.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    And What about "Angels and Demons"??? moon
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Nautilus wrote

Razzie noms aren't out until January.
  2. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Razzie noms aren't out until January.

Touché moon
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    (Though I'm guessing Avatar has a strong chance of winning since it's all about politics and money.)

Of course!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. Tintin wrote

From the clips I've heard it's a predominantly strings-based score with some additional piano. The strings include some lovely solo parts for (what sound like) violin as well as cello. Looking forward to hearing more of this when it's released.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. There's a piece of music on the SINGLE MAN trailer that is a gorgeous Umebayashi-style waltz.
    The film looks wonderful.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Tintin wrote

From the clips I've heard it's a predominantly strings-based score with some additional piano. The strings include some lovely solo parts for (what sound like) violin as well as cello. Looking forward to hearing more of this when it's released.

It sounds really good. The disc is coming out next week, december 20th - So many to buy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Southall wrote
    The only one on the list to have attracted mainstream praise from film critics (which is usually a barometer of who will win) is The Informant.

I agree James but this is certainly not award material.

http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2009/09/26/i … thamlisch/

Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    sdtom wrote
    Southall wrote

I agree James but this is certainly not award material.

http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2009/09/26/i … thamlisch/

Thomas

I think it's brilliant!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2009
    Maybe I'm just setting the bar too high for a score that deserves an award.
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2010
    Online live here:

http://www.goldenglobes.org/
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    And the winner is... Michael Giacchino! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    sad I didn't like the music of Up at all.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    No? Fair enough.

Anyway, I'm glad this won over the tremendously overhyped but average Avater.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Wonder if this would change Horner's appetite for blue scarfs now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    keky wrote

Me neither. It was kinda "meh, whatever!". Then again, I feel that about most Giacchino scores. Good for him that he won the award, though.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    No? Fair enough.

Anyway, I'm glad this won over the tremendously overhyped but average Avater.

kill

But yeah, I'm happy Giacchino got the award. It's the one I would have voted for.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    keky wrote

Me neither. It was kinda "meh, whatever!". Then again, I feel that about most Giacchino scores. Good for him that he won the award, though.

I generally am a fan of Giacchino and it's very cool for him that he won but I didn't think Up was remarkable in any way (it's OK, but nowhere near the level of Ratatouille, so I don't really understand why this one's getting all the attention).

But of course none of it matters. Do people actually realise who the voters are for the Golden Globes? I can't understand why anyone gives any attention to them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    No, who are the voters?

I'm just happy Giacchino got recognition. The Golden Globes are as meaningless to me as the Oscars, but seeing a composer you like get any award is always nice.