• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2010
    My first listen was Hirschfelder's Australia. The "Stampede" cue is a fantastic action track.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    1492: Conquest of Paradise by Vangelis. Kudos to iTunes shuffle for bringing this one back to my attention. It's been ages since I last revisited this and I'm glad it still hasn't lost its touch!
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2010 edited
    Mine was THE RED CANVAS since the CD arrived the day before. I used those punishing, stomping chords to squish that crappy decade (for me) under my shoe. smile

Message to 2009: "You have no power here. Be gone before somebody drops a house on you."
    FilmScoreClickTrack.com - Tracking musical memories, one click at a time.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Jim wrote
    Mine was THE RED CANVAS since the CD arrived the day before. I used those punishing, stomping chords to squish that crappy decade (for me) under my shoe. smile

Message to 2009: "You have no power here. Be gone before somebody drops a house on you."

In many ways I couldn't agree more Jim beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. "CHiPs" (Volume 1)
    Alan Silvestri (and the John Parker theme/end credits, and one episode score by Bruce Broughton -- his only known funky scoring)

Something for the New Years day. Nothing else yet, though I'll probably put back on "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys" (Volume 1, Joseph LoDuca) for a review.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    justin boggan wrote
    his only known fucky scoring)

What does that mean?? biggrin
  2. Hilariously accidental typo FIXED.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Sounds like a good time to me.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    his only known fucky scoring)

What does that mean?? biggrin

It's either missing an S at the begining or an N in the 3rd letter? biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Oh cool.

I played Finding Nemo (Newman) and De L'Amour (Coulais) somewhere in the afternoon today while travelling home. I focused on the melancholic bits. Perfect for ending a holiday.
    Kazoo
  3. my first listen of the new year became ... Sherlock Holmes
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2010
    Southall wrote
    So, in the end, it was Open Range. Like revisiting an old friend.

Beautiful work indeed.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    my first listen of the new year became ... Sherlock Holmes

And the last, i am sure wink

My first was another spin on AGORA, such a brilliant score, and deeply emotional. Marianelli never seems to disappoint me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sylvos wrote
    1492: Conquest of Paradise by Vangelis. Kudos to iTunes shuffle for bringing this one back to my attention. It's been ages since I last revisited this and I'm glad it still hasn't lost its touch!

Such a strong listening experience, that whole CD is! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    I listened to my first soundtrack of the year a few minutes ago, Abel Korzeniowski's A SINGLE MAN, which has become totally addictive. I'm now playing a few tracks from the Varese 30th sampler (spurred by the "compilation" thread) before I go to bed.

Now that you talked about it, it is a great score and very influenced by the JAMES NEWTON HOWARD's sound for SHYAMALAN scores. I remember we talked about ithis influential composers' thingy last week.
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    my first listen of the new year became ... Sherlock Holmes

And the last, i am sure wink

how did you guess? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Srsly? If yes, you're my friend. If not, you can join the abolished team led by Southall.
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    Srsly? If yes, you're my friend. If not, you can join the abolished team led by Southall.

it's not bad, it's decent, but hell no a favourite of mine, you'll read about it soon enough smile

and I thought I already was your friend? confused wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2010
    Frederic Talgorn - Tellement Proches
    Only 14 minutes of score (4 tracks) so the best option was to download it from Amazon MP3. Boy! This is gorgeous! There's a lovely interplay between the guitar and piano that's reminiscent of Laisse Tes Mains Sur Mes Hanches. A fabulous start to the year!
    :bpmelt: