• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I have recorded three unusual works which have not been available in over 60 years! Commissioned largely by Brazilian guitarist Laurindo Almeida in the early 50's, they include the following:

1."Toccata"- Jerry Goldsmith
    2. "Prelude for Laurindo" - Henry Mancini
    3. "Ballad for a Westerner" - Alex North

All three were written at the request of Almeida for a solo guitar album for Capitol Records. This marks the first time to my knowledge that they have been recorded or even available. All represent compositions by the respective composers largely at the start of their illustrious careers - not written for films but as short 3 minute concert works.

The Goldsmith is the most atonal of the lot - he was still developing his "film-voice" -but a good work.
    The others, especially the Mancini, bear the hallmarks of his style, which is instantly recognizible. If the Alex North work was not part of a film score it SHOULD have been - beautifully melodic.

I will keep you apprised when they are up for previewing and download, via BSX Soundtrax.

Happy 2010!

Gregg Nestor
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2010
    That sounds very interesting Gregg, I look forward to hearing them
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2010
    Gregg, looking forward to hear that. You're overall doing a brilliant job with those works, keep it up and thanks for informing us! Your approach is a very good initiative for especially the younger audiences to come in a first contact with the legends of our music's past.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.