• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009
    Hmmm... it seems to be good idea. I have a friend but i am not sure that he would endorse my request. However, i will try my level best. Thanks for your suggestion, Southall.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I think it was just a matter of time before this fan favourite was released, given the current climate in soundtrack releases. So it's certainly one of those champagne-popping moments in our little clique.

I've always loved the score, too, but probably not as much as everyone else. It was a little too bombastic for me, a little too much of Silvestri's go-stop action music. However, the 11 minutes on the MCA disc are obviously not enough, so my ideal disc would have been maybe 35-40 minutes or so, carefully arranged for listening (as opposed to that atrocious bootleg). I'd pick up a $19.95 ltd. ed. in that format in a heartbeat. Or I could pay the dough for a 2CD set if the SONGS were available on the second disc as well, rather than alternates or unused stuff (which I have no use for). They are IMO just as an integral part of the soundtrack as the orchestral score. As it currently is, though, and given the nature of the score, I'm afraid I'll have to pass. But the good news is: that means one more "holy grail" to someone else!!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I had exactly the same sentiment, Thor. smile

It's funny comparing the absolutely jubilant thermidorian reactions on other forums (you know which I mean wink ) with the far more matter-of-factly approach here.

My first thought when I saw this was "oh, this is going to make so many people happy".
    The second one was "I should have a look myself"
    The third was "DOUBLE CD? I'll never listen to it. sad"
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote

It's funny comparing the absolutely jubilant thermidorian reactions on other forums (you know which I mean wink ) with the far more matter-of-factly approach here.

My first thought when I saw this was "oh, this is going to make so many people happy".

Indeed. I posted almost the same exact post as the one above over at FSM, and I'm currently bracing myself for whatever shit they're going to throw my way for not partaking in the almost orgie-like salutations.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009 edited
    Where are these orgies taking place, kind Sir?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Not in Greece?
    I'm disappointed? sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    My ancestors too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    Martijn wrote

Indeed. I posted almost the same exact post as the one above over at FSM, and I'm currently bracing myself for whatever shit they're going to throw my way for not partaking in the almost orgie-like salutations.

You have to remember that most people don't buy these things to listen to. On Intrada's messageboard in the build-up to last night's announcement someone said he'd received their recent Jerry Fielding releases and was pleased that he had been able to put them on his shelf with his other Fielding CDs. Listening to them is not a concern.

I don't mind this being 2 CDs, really. The first disc is all I'll ever listen to. Of course I would rather the second disc wasn't there (they could make it available for download for $7 or something and then sell the score only for $20) but it's been a few years since the speciality labels have shown any interest in actually producing listenable albums. At least this way we appear to have that on disc one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    You have to remember that most people don't buy these things to listen to. On Intrada's messageboard in the build-up to last night's announcement someone said he'd received their recent Jerry Fielding releases and was pleased that he had been able to put them on his shelf with his other Fielding CDs. Listening to them is not a concern.

I don't mind this being 2 CDs, really. The first disc is all I'll ever listen to. Of course I would rather the second disc wasn't there (they could make it available for download for $7 or something and then sell the score only for $20) but it's been a few years since the speciality labels have shown any interest in actually producing listenable albums. At least this way we appear to have that on disc one.

Yes, I guess. As I said, I think the perfect BTTF album - at least for me - would be to have some 35 minutes of score, arranged for listening, on CD 1 and then all the songs from the MCA album - sans the score tracks - on CD 2. OR....have them both on the same disc if there's enough space!

Put another way, I just want the MCA album, but with 20-25 minutes more score! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    Put another way, I just want the MCA album, but with 20-25 minutes more score! smile

That would probably be what I want too - but as we know, they don't make albums for people like us any more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    Thor wrote

That would probably be what I want too - but as we know, they don't make albums for people like us any more.

cry
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    shocked

BTTF release?

punk

I just hope it won't be sold out until when I can buy... "more than 3000"? I haven't bought any limited releases yet so I don't know this quantity is large or little! dizzy
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  1. Miya, do you have Paypal? PM me or contact on Facebook, I might buy the release next week when I get money, you would return them somehow?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm just as excited as Erik is on this one. But I'm not entirely sure I would recommend this one so highly to non-fans of the film? As I've said before, I think the main reason I love this score so much is because I love the film (in fact, it's my favourite film). The score is fantastic, don't get me wrong, but the experience is far more rich to those who enjoy the film too - especially for me as there's a lot of childhood nostalgia associated with it. So $30 may be a little too steep for those who have no emotional connection with the film? (Seriously though, $30 -for me- is a STEAL!)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    $30...meh...exchange rates...limited edition...first time it's properly released....yeah I'm sold. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Excellent! And: finally! I'm especially intrigued by the second disc, can't wait to hear it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote
    I'm just as excited as Erik is on this one. But I'm not entirely sure I would recommend this one so highly to non-fans of the film? As I've said before, I think the main reason I love this score so much is because I love the film (in fact, it's my favourite film). The score is fantastic, don't get me wrong, but the experience is far more rich to those who enjoy the film too - especially for me as there's a lot of childhood nostalgia associated with it. So $30 may be a little too steep for those who have no emotional connection with the film? (Seriously though, $30 -for me- is a STEAL!)

I definitely have an emotional and nostalgic connection to the film, yet that is not why I would have bought the soundtrack (had it been presented "my way"). Then again, I'm weird.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thank god it wasn't.
  2. With such releases featuring such legendary music, complete presentations are the only way to go for me. So I'm happy.

Looking forward to the darker version.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Darker? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    The second CD reportedly has alternate version tracks, a more "darker" approach apparently.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote

Veru true. Good advice Steven.
  3. DemonStar wrote
    The second CD reportedly has alternate version tracks, a more "darker" approach apparently.

Not "reportedly", it's right there in there tracklistings.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yes. That's what reportedly means. smile
  4. purchased it immediately, BTTF was one of the top 3 scores of my "to get" list, so I am thrilled it has finally been released
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    purchased it immediately, BTTF was one of the top 3 scores of my "to get" list, so I am thrilled it has finally been released

What are the other 2?
    Kazoo
  5. Not anything by Desplat I should assume. tongue
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Southall wrote
    Sunil wrote
    I am doomed. sad heartbreaking news. cry

Do you have a friend with a credit card who can order it for you?

You should be able to use Paypal or your Indian credit card for this. ScreenArchives is a good place to order from.

In future it might be a good idea to try to contact other score fans around your city and if there are enough numbers you might convince the local music retailers like PlanetM or MusicWorld to order them for you.
  6. I think in five years, 90% of my "Holy Grail" film scores will have been taken care of. Exciting, really.

(wish I could say the same for my "Holy Grail" TV scores list)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Is it available right now then? I can't see anything on a release date. confused