• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2010
    And i quote their press release, for anyone interested:

Screen Archives wants to buy your unwanted and used CD's – send your lists to info@screenarchives.com
    If you are in the US we will even pay the postage it costs to send your CD's to us, on top of the offer!
    Don’t think we are just looking for rare CD's – we even take new stuff, common releases, or even older editions of expanded editions. We can take promos or cut outs. The only thing we can’t use is boots, CDr's or song compilations. We will buy any size collection. Just send your list with the title, label number and condition.

For additional details please click here:
    http://www.screenarchives.com/collections.cfm
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Hasn't this been their offer for a year or two now?

Imagine how much it would cost to ship a sizeable collection!?!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2010 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Actually not much at all. There's the priority flat rate box where you can stuff as many as you can for the same rate. And there's a much cheaper option called 'media mail' for cds and printed matter. I used Media Mail to ship my collection from Baltimore to Minneapolis. I put about 80 cds in each box like this and shipped each for $13.

Once I have free time I plan to sell off most of my stuff. I have way too much and seldom listen to them. Besides I'd like to get back all the money I plonked on them. I might not go with SAE. Perhaps a private sale over here & FSM and then ebay for the rest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2010
    They ain't gonna get their grubby paws on MY CDs! angry
    They're mine.
    Mine, y'hear?
    They're all precious.
    My precioussss.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2010
    Martijn wrote
    They ain't gonna get their grubby paws on MY CDs! angry
    They're mine.
    Mine, y'hear?
    They're all precious.
    My precioussss.

Kinda my way of seeing these things really, i prefer having them taking space instead of possibly regretting selling them when years go by smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2010 edited
    @ Martijn : My sentiments exactly ! smile
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  2. All the ones I have I would have a serious hard time letting go. Except for doubles. Whenever I have a newer (which means better) version, I want to get rid of the older release, if it's inferior that is. But as of now I don't have too many doubles: Star Trek II comes to mind, but I think that's it.

I know some raised eyebrows when I let go of my Raiders album in favor of the newest release, but honestly I don't miss it. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Hasn't this been their offer for a year or two now?

indeed, it's been already a couple years now that they offer this chance to sell them your copies, I've emailed them once with a 50 score list, and they didn't want a bloody single one

or my list was crappy, or they have bad taste tongue wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2010
    I can tell you that it cost me at least $600 to ship my collection from San Diego to Mpls and that was just for gas and a couple of hotel nights on the road.
    listen to more classical music!
  4. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Hasn't this been their offer for a year or two now?

indeed, it's been already a couple years now that they offer this chance to sell them your copies, I've emailed them once with a 50 score list, and they didn't want a bloody single one

or my list was crappy, or they have bad taste tongue wink

Nah... you just don't have enough obscure / rare ones! biggrin
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  5. Shipping would kill it. Used to be I could ship a CD for under a dollar. Last time I shipped a CD (1CD) it was about $1.70 -- not including the bubble wrap package.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.