• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2010
    lp wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Marselus wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    A major cue in the Armageddon score was also written by Zimmer. He reportedly (according to ASCAP credits) also helped out on Bee Movie.

Does it say which cue?

It's on the bootleg - Asteroid Chase/Shuttle Crash. One of the best IMHO

It's one of the best cue on the album too. I didn't know that Hans worked that cue. I've always thought it was a HGW composition though.

shocked
    Me too. I always thought this cue (one of the best of the whole score by the way) was HGW´s work. Zimmer used Rabin´s theme though. Listening to it again (after many years) you can actually hear some Peacemaker references, that´s true. Better later than never.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Marselus wrote
    lp wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Marselus wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    A major cue in the Armageddon score was also written by Zimmer. He reportedly (according to ASCAP credits) also helped out on Bee Movie.

Does it say which cue?

It's on the bootleg - Asteroid Chase/Shuttle Crash. One of the best IMHO

It's one of the best cue on the album too. I didn't know that Hans worked that cue. I've always thought it was a HGW composition though.

shocked
    Me too. I always thought this cue (one of the best of the whole score by the way) was HGW´s work. Zimmer used Rabin´s theme though. Listening to it again (after many years) you can actually hear some Peacemaker references, that´s true. Better later than never.

I know that his interviews are often filled with flights of fancy so you always have to take what he says with a pinch of salt, but Zimmer has commented on this ASCAP thing more than once, saying that he likes everyone who had any hand in a piece (from the music editor just to someone it was played to who offered comments) to get on the ASCAP credits.
  1. This makes the coffee guy get royalties for the music.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2010 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    The main motif in the action sounds like a variation on the Broken Arrow action music.

Roy wrote
    for Me it's more Like Peacemaker wink

Part of the cue, I could hear that. Only because what you're talking about has been around for a while now. Try to listen to Horner's "Bishop's Countdown" from Aliens. That's where it came from, in this case.

I still don't hear how it could have fit into Gladiator, or Pirates. Might have been a huge exaggeration on your part?

Perhaps we could get back on topic?

The Peacemaker soundtrack was co-produced by Hans' music editor at the time, Adam Smalley and he didn't write a lick of music.
    • CommentAuthorRoy
    lp wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    The main motif in the action sounds like a variation on the Broken Arrow action music.

Roy wrote
    for Me it's more Like Peacemaker wink

Part of the cue, I could hear that. Only because what you're talking about has been around for a while now. Try to listen to Horner's "Bishop's Countdown" from Aliens. That's where it came from, in this case.

I still don't hear how it could have fit into Gladiator, or Pirates. Might have been a huge exaggeration on your part?

Perhaps we could get back on topic?

The Peacemaker soundtrack was co-produced by Hans' music editor at the time, Adam Smalley and he didn't write a lick of music.

Are We still talkin' about the same thing? Asteroid Chase - The Shuttle Crash from 1:40 there Is pure Peacemaker and at something about 3:30 there's a Gladiator bits...oh and Just in the begining where there is this Pirates tune-like It's Gladiator as well biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Roy wrote
    Are We still talkin' about the same thing? Asteroid Chase - The Shuttle Crash from 1:40 there Is pure Peacemaker and at something about 3:30 there's a Gladiator bits...oh and Just in the begining where there is this Pirates tune-like It's Gladiator as well biggrin

So you're talking bits and pieces, yeah, why not, but the whole cue doesn't fit in either Peacemaker or Gladiator, and that's what I thought you were talking about.

I agree with the Peacemaker moment at 1:40. Though the thematic statement at 3:30 is the Rabin love theme, transposed to be a sad Zimmer-fied version, and that just happen to sound like what it is because it's Zimmer style. And I thought that the beginning passage is more Muppet like...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    This makes the coffee guy get royalties for the music.

He should. If the coffee sucks, nobody can write, perform or record good music!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.