• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2011 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    Where do you keep finding this ancient topics man?

Click on community then click on 'more community statistics'.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2011
    I think the whole idea is kind of fun
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    't Is! smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    With all of the posts we've done we're still over 700,000 more posts to a million.
    Tom
  1. sdtom wrote
    With all of the posts we've done we're still over 700,000 more posts to a million.
    Tom

"Hans Zimmer's music is shit!"

There, that should get us on the way to 1,000,000 posts quite briskly now!

wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    At FSM that would get 99% agreement. At this board you'll have to really mean that to turn up a flame war wink

p.s. I think 90% of his output is shit......and I mean it!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I enjoy a LOT of Zimmer's output, actually.
    In fact, I am listening to Madagascar II right now -strongly based on the highly infectious Zooster's Escape track from the first film- and I'm enjoying it immensely.

I don't "get" some of his work -the appeal of The Thin Red Line continues to escape me utterly- and I certainly dislike some of his other (Batman Begins), but overall his work appeals to me a lot. Replayability counts towards a good status in my book!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Martijn wrote
    I enjoy a LOT of Zimmer's output, actually.
    In fact, I am listening to Madagascar II right now -strongly based on the highly infectious Zooster's Escape track from the first film- and I'm enjoying it immensely.

I don't "get" some of his work -the appeal of The Thin Red Line continues to escape me utterly- and I certainly dislike some of his other (Batman Begins), but overall his work appeals to me a lot. Replayability counts towards a good status in my book!

Word.

I enjoy his Madagascars too, and I don't really get The thin red line.

I don't really consider any of his stuff to be shit, though I haven't really gotten into much of his earlier output yet.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The Thin Red Line is in my 10% of his 'brilliant' range.
  2. Timmer wrote
    The Thin Red Line is in my 10% of his 'brilliant' range.

For me, it is in the bottom 1% of his output.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Seriously ? Have you actually see ttrl ? (damn his trick is indeed working !)
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote

confused
    Wut?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Hans Zimmer rules, and that's the end of that!!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2011 edited
    Thor wrote

That wasn't 700.000 posts. More like 8.

Peter sad
  3. Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

confused
    Wut?

Have you seen the movie? That's what D's asking.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Have you seen the movie? That's what D's asking.

I've seen it. Found it rather boring.

Been a while though. Perhaps I should give it another try.

Peter smile
  4. Christodoulides wrote

I haven't seen the film - I have no interest to either. I came to Zimmer's score via an appreciation of Zimmer's other work and from glowing reviews.

But the music did nothing for me.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It looks "meaningful" and without doubt looks beautiful but yeah, I found it boring as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ah I see. Well, yeah, I've sen it too, and I am afraid I have to concur with Peter and Timmer.
    I found it overly long, overly stylised but all in all not very interesting.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote

Over a world ( at least in Hollywood ) of a great decline in quality, definitely, if only it could be "the end of that!"
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Quite a different world when viewed as it functions in the film. It is extremely crucial that you do primarily observe the music as it functions in the medium it was made for.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I really, really, REALLY, REALLY wish I could like Hans Zimmer's music more, not just because I could then enjoy so many ( so VERY many ) more releases but also because he comes across as a damn fine human being, he has a great sense of humour and he's even made friends of many of his fans ( Pawel ), I could imagine sitting and enjoying his company with a few beers more than I could many of my own favourite composers, I like Hans the man a lot, I just don't like the majority of his music output, a shame but thems the breaks, as they say.
  5. I love much of Hans 90s stuff, but I absolutely dislike a lot of his 00 stuff.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    I love much of Hans 90s stuff, but I absolutely dislike a lot of his 00 stuff.

Loved both, with exceptions, he's essentially one of my favorite composers.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    I love much of Hans 90s stuff, but I absolutely dislike a lot of his 00 stuff.

There you go, the funny thing is that of the low percentage of scores I like by Zimmer, the highest percentage are from his 00's scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Thin Red Line is one of my favourite films and I don't just think it's Zimmer's best score, I think it's his best score by such an unbelievably wide margin, it's similar to if John Williams had written Star Wars and all his other 300 scores were like Not With My Wife, You Don't.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I like that comparison.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    I really, really, REALLY, REALLY wish I could like Hans Zimmer's music more, not just because I could then enjoy so many ( so VERY many ) more releases but also because he comes across as a damn fine human being, he has a great sense of humour and he's even made friends of many of his fans ( Pawel ), I could imagine sitting and enjoying his company with a few beers more than I could many of my own favourite composers, I like Hans the man a lot, I just don't like the majority of his music output, a shame but thems the breaks, as they say.

That's fine. We're all wired differently that way. He just connects to me on a deep emotional level like few other composers, we're so in synch with our musical sentiments. It's the same with with you and Barry, who doesn't connect to me at all.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2011
    Only on maintitles could this turn into a Hans Zimmer thread, yikes
  6. sdtom wrote
    Only on maintitles could this turn into a Hans Zimmer thread, yikes

I apologise - and I usually moan that threads get taken over by discussions on "his" music.

Double apologies!