• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2010
    St. John's Wood???
    Proper posh! punk cool
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    From WikiPedia
    It is home to some of the most expensive properties in the world.

shocked
    Kazoo
  1. since I'm not going to the concert but plan on staying for the meeting, I hope some of you can keep my company, you know to hold my hand once Bregt and the others have left me all alone up there shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    From WikiPedia
    It is home to some of the most expensive properties in the world.

shocked

There's St. Johns Wood and there's St. Johns Wood wink It's only a flat, not the kind of property that celebs in the area buy, Mel's dad got it at a good price at the right time and I'm sure it's worth a pretty penny by now.

Oh yeah, and Abbey Road is only a few streets away.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Timmer wrote
    Oh yeah, and Abbey Road is only a few streets away.

Funny you should mention Abbey Road. I was thinking of suggesting a visit to the studio as part of "something to do".

I've checked their website, but unfortunately they don't do guided tours for film music types (or anyone for that matter). But if anyone knows of any score recordings around that time maybe we could blag our way in as "guests" (or groupies!?)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2010
    We can always do an enmas version of the famous photo wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2010 edited
    Omg yes please!
    Kazoo
  3. Timmer wrote

All holding cigarettes - just to show how non-PC we really are.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

All holding cigarettes - just to show how non-PC we really are.

One person has to go barefoot too. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    And we should definitely grow our hair!

And come together.
    Right now.
    Over me.
    In an octopussy's garden.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I want to hold your hand.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Get back!
  4. Any visit to Abbey Road is going to be lost on me as I had to Google Martijn's lyrics. shame
  5. Martijn wrote
    And we should definitely grow our hair!

Ideal for the comb-over!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I didn't know either Alan. We'll sing some Hobbit languaged pieces, or some Ave Santani (referencing your last recording session).
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Any visit to Abbey Road is going to be lost on me as I had to Google Martijn's lyrics. shame

shocked
    shame indeed, Alan.
    Most disquietingly unfab!

Bregt wrote
    Ave Santani

Santani? The guitar player from hell?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Or Stan Tanner, the guitarist who lives around the corner.
  6. Martijn wrote
    Santani? The guitar player from hell?

biggrin
  7. From the night of April 4 until the night of April 8, it seems I will be in London. Not sure if that interests anyone, but that's how it is. smile
    It's the tail end of a holiday in Sweden and Czech Rep.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2010
    Ye Gods!
    Couldn't you go anywhere more fun!?!

(Like The Netherlands?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    franz_conrad wrote
    From the night of April 4 until the night of April 8, it seems I will be in London. Not sure if that interests anyone, but that's how it is. smile

Oh crap...if you'd stayed one day longer, I could have met up with you. I arrive on the early morning of the 9th. sad
    I am extremely serious.
  8. I wanted to get a sense of the troubled history of centrally-planned solutions, both socially-democratic and totalitarian.
    Ending with a brief reminder of the dangers of the modern welfare state.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    And you didn't think you'd need a beer and a spliff after?
  9. My travel insurance policy doesn't cover me for countries that are below sea level. wink
  10. Thor wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    From the night of April 4 until the night of April 8, it seems I will be in London. Not sure if that interests anyone, but that's how it is. smile

Oh crap...if you'd stayed one day longer, I could have met up with you. I arrive on the early morning of the 9th. sad

A near miss if ever there was one! wink
    Well, you could wander over the Sweden while I'm there. (For 9 days. wink March 19 to March 28.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    My travel insurance policy doesn't cover me for countries that are below sea level. wink

lol
  11. Coming from someone in the aforementioned welfare state, the physical seas faced by said Netherlanders might be seen to be preferable to the sea of debt. wink
  12. franz_conrad wrote
    Thor wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

A near miss if ever there was one! wink
    Well, you could wander over the Sweden while I'm there. (For 9 days. wink March 19 to March 28.)

When are you in the Czech Republic? Is there a possibility for you to come for a day to Krakow and we could meet there?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  13. I'll be pretty busy in Czech Rep... spending some time with a guy I've shot films with when he was in australia, and we're both planning to be trying to make a short film sometime in that period (I know -- relaxing, eh?!), so I wouldn't want to make any guarantees. It could be possible -- would have to see. It's a 1 hour flight either way, I guess?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah, the Czech Republic, one of the most wonderful places i've ever visited.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.