• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorUbedapress
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2007 edited
    PATRICK DOYLE WILL BE IN ÚBEDA
    Renowned Scottish composer confirmed his presence at the Fourth Conference

Patrick Doyle, especially known for his collaborations with actor / director Kenneth Branagh, will attend the Fourth Congress that will be held july next year. His most recent films include its new collaborations with Branagh in "Sleuth" and "As You Like it", and also his work on the epics "The Last Legion" and "Eragon".

But probably among its best-known titles are his work in the saga of Harry Potter for "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire", and, of course, his previous collaboration with director Kenneth Branagh, such as "Hamlet", "Frankenstein", "Henry V" and "Much Ado About Nothing".

But the list of great scores does not end there. Among those that we could mention are "The Little Princess" (for which he received the award from the Critics’ Association of Los Angeles for Best Score in 1995), "Sense and Sensibility" (with "Hamlet", his second Oscar nomination),"Great Expectations", "Donnie Brasco", "Carlito’s Way", "Needful Things" or many others.

A comprehensive history of great scores about which we will know more through the composer's own lips, in the different lectures that will take place during the celebration of the Fourth International Film Music Conference "City of Úbeda”. At the same time, the entire organization of the Conference is actively working to ensure that Patrick Doyle, can also bring his extraordinary quality to the concert, but at the moment we can not confirm anything. Soon we will know more details about this event.

To the names of Bruce Broughton and John Scott, now comes a name of similar prestige and high quality. This third name join to the group of international guests that is getting ready for this new edition of the Conference, our fourth. We will have the chance to see and talk with all of them, in person, from 10 to 13 of July 2008 in the city of Úbeda

For more details or for pre-inscription, you already know where to go
    The date is already marked in your calendars

http://congreso.bsospirit.com/

The countdown continues...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2007
    Wow! A full concert of his work will definitely be a reason for me to really try to come, especially if selections from Frankenstein will be performed!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2007
    Wow, I´m in for sure if there´s part of the concert with his work.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2007 edited
    6 hours of train to hear 4 or 5 concert pieces of the same of Goblet of fire theme????...... slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2007
    Nautilus wrote
    6 hours of train to hear 4 or 5 concert pieces of the same of Goblet of fire theme????...... slant

Ohh Yeahh!
    And it´s 8 hours, not 6.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Who else is going next year?

I'm gonna be really picky because having to get up at 5am to drive to the airport, have a 2 hour flight and then have another 2 hour drive in Spain killed me this year! crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I've seen Doyle in Ghent, for 10 suites of his scores. No need to do that again, even though I remember it as one of the best WSA evenings ever (and my first). Everyone who hasn't heard that live, should go, even only because of The Creation or Indochine!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    I saw Doyle in Ghent as well and this October on London. Especially the performance with the LSO, Choir and all the actors who attented will never better by any other event so at least Doyle's attendence is no reason for me to go to Úbeda.
  1. Anthony wrote
    Who else is going next year?

I'm gonna be really picky because having to get up at 5am to drive to the airport, have a 2 hour flight and then have another 2 hour drive in Spain killed me this year! crazy

I wish that this event was held closer to the Madrid festival (both in distance and time). I'd love to attend both. But as things stand, I'll have to choose. And I don't want to miss SONCINEMAD.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2008
    So...Ubeda kind of happened...

...did anyone go this year?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    So...Ubeda kind of happened...

...did anyone go this year?

Scroll down, and check it out wink

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … e/#Item_14