• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2010
    y'what Tom? dizzy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2010
    What I meant was it is a completely different section so much so I've never posted there.
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ah, gotcha smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    It is really like they have two separate messageboards
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2010
    I think it's pretty much approached that way in the first place: FSM makes the division between on-topic and off-topic so clear, and any transgression is dealt with so harshly (in the sense of popular derision or clamor) that it seems almost unavoidable you'd develop almost two separate boards.

Honestly, even though it's frustrating to some at some times, I prefer a more free-format style of posting and thinking where threads may go hither and thither as the spirit or topic takes it. The selfregulating power of the community pretty much takes care of any real irregularities.

But that's just my preference.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ^ Imagine in real life, a prick jumping down your throat screaming "OFF TOPIC" and moderating you when debating with coworkers for matters that don't concern your company and employer directly. It's not a matter of preference, it's a matter of human logic and its absence, or complexes and their presence.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Martijn wrote
    I think it's pretty much approached that way in the first place: FSM makes the division between on-topic and off-topic so clear, and any transgression is dealt with so harshly (in the sense of popular derision or clamor) that it seems almost unavoidable you'd develop almost two separate boards.

Honestly, even though it's frustrating to some at some times, I prefer a more free-format style of posting and thinking where threads may go hither and thither as the spirit or topic takes it. The selfregulating power of the community pretty much takes care of any real irregularities.

But that's just my preference.

I know that I'm in the vast minority on this one but I rather like it being separate. Don't we indirectly do the same thing when someone talks about something in a wrong thread or starts a thread that has been started before?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    sdtom wrote
    I know that I'm in the vast minority on this one but I rather like it being separate.

Even though you are our most valued eminence grise, you are indeed vastly outnumbered! tongue

Don't we indirectly do the same thing when someone talks about something in a wrong thread or starts a thread that has been started before?

Who's "we", paleface? wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I say we regulate every discussion just to make sure they don't get too off-topic. This isn't about fun or interesting discussions, this is SERIOUS BUSINESS. LET THAT BE KNOWN.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2010 edited
    I can see no reference to FSM in the above post.
    Therefore Steven is now banned.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2010
    We= all of us once in awhile.