• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I thought it would be sold out by now, but it is still standing smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2008
    How can we not mention Tombstone, which is a superior score to his oscar nominated Silverado.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2009
    INTRADA Announces

GEORGE WASHINGTON II: THE FORGING OF A NATION
    Composed and Conducted by BRUCE BROUGHTON
    INTRADA Signature Edition ISE 1028

Following in the footsteps of its acclaimed mini-series predecessor George Washington (1984), the sequel George Washington 2: The Forging of a Nation mini-series presented a very human portrait of the United States’ first commander-in-chief, focusing on his two terms in office. While the program offers some spectacle, including riots in the streets and an uprising among Pennsylvania farmers protesting unfair taxes, the strongest and most affecting moments are quiet, private scenes of the first President grappling with his responsibilities and his own limitations, of which he seems all too aware. Both mini-series drew upon the four-volume biography of Washington by James Thomas Flexner. Barry Bostwick reprises the title role from the earlier series and brings a bemused, pensive and dignified air to his portrayal of Washington. Capably directed by TV-movie veteran William A. Graham (Contract on Cherry Street, Mussolini: The Untold Story), the series benefits from locations in Philadelphia and Mount Vernon where the real events took place centuries before.

The composer of choice for this sequel was Bruce Broughton, who was already well versed in television scoring, with several historical mini-series already to his credit (including The Blue and the Gray, The First Olympics: Athens 1896, both available from Intrada). Broughton took the unusual tack of writing music in the idiom of the time. The resulting score employs a stately, measured sound that is still rich with feeling and intelligence, not unlike the real President George Washington himself.

Presented in stereo from the original session elements, this new Signature Edition release is limited to 1000 copies.

INTRADA Signature Editions ISE 1028
    Retail Price: $19.99
    IN STOCK NOW
    For track listing and sound samples, please visit
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6 … egory=-101
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. both of them have already been sold out, but the Broughton you can still find at Screen Archives
    for now
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Interesting that there already soldout! We seem to have quite a diverse economy these days. I went to our local Borders on Saturday and there had to be a minimum of 60 people waiting in line to check out!! On the otherhand Circuit City, Coffee Bean (huge), and others are out of business. Go figure. Apparently the soundtrack collector has a core of extremely rich folks which I'm not part of.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    shocked shocked COFFEE BEAN IS OUT OF BUSINESS?? shocked shocked
    What, the whole CHAIN?
    Or just your franchise?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. I can't believe this Broughton sold out. I acquired a group of about 10 Broughtons back when Intrada was trying clear old stock - a real bargain (among them Carried Away, Infinity, True Women, Shadow Conspiracy, Hearts of Darkness, etc). I have occasionally since that time bought subsequent releases - Tombstone and Silverado were released in expanded form, and I didn't already have them, and Eloise was wonderful. But Last Flight Out made me a lot more circumspect - I realised that I probably already have the best already.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  4. While not having much stuff by Bruce I think Lost in Space is one of the most robust Sci-fi adventure scores I've ever heard... I love it, everytime I play it I get a kick out of it. There's a quality to the themes and orchestration that rivals Williams during his peak.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2009
    Lost In Space is one of my favourites, and I'm always surprised it isn't mentioned more. Or at least when it is mentioned, I'm surprised more people don't go nuts for it. It's a bloody great score!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Lost In Space is one of my favourites, and I'm always surprised it isn't mentioned more. Or at least when it is mentioned, I'm surprised more people don't go nuts for it. It's a bloody great score!

I've always championed it. punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. I think "Thru the Planet" (from Lost in Space) is my favorite Broughton cue ever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Good, gooood.... my plan is working.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2009
    What Broughton did with Lost in Space was nothing short of a miracle. Such quality in so little time.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  6. How little time Erik?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    How little time Erik?

"The score to Lost in Space -all 70-plus minutes of it- was written in about two-and-a-half weeks. Sort of. It was actually written, re-written and then re-written again right up until a few days before the end of dubbing..." - Bruce Broughton (from the album liner notes)
  7. DOH! I have the album! Should've known that. shame

Two and a half weeks! That's astounding! He must've been inspired as hell when clearly the filmmakers were not. But for all its flaws, I still enjoy the movie, due to the score and the fantastic production design and visual effects.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009
    Earlier this summer, composers Tim Williams and Bruce Broughton were at the Eastwood Scoring Stage to record the score for the groundbreaking "4-D" film, Beyond All Boundaries for the National World War II Museum, located in New Orleans, LA. ScoringSessions.com is excited to bring our readers an exclusive look at this unique production!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Impressive. I would love to experience it for myself.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  8. DreamTheater wrote
    How little time Erik?

Well, considering he had help from about five other composers for additional scoring, I think the load was lightened quite a bit.

But when you go from Goldsmith, to Arnold, to Isham, to possibly another composer ... coming in as the last choice around the end is a tiny bit insulting. Especially when Isham is considered a head of you.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    On what film did that happen? On Lost in Space, Goldsmith had to withdraw, the director asked him who he would recommend and he said Broughton (same situation as Tombstone a few years earlier). So Broughton was called. Or was Broughton lying when he said that?
  9. Yeah, on LIS. I never said anything about what Goldsmith did or did not do, so there was no implication of him lying. Don't know where you got that.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2009
    Bruce Broughton's score for MJ's Moonwalker is awesome. I don't think they released any official score album. Anyhow, i was quite stunned by his score for this video album. Did anybody have this video album?
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
  10. Not much, but at least it's a start, 2 kick ass Broughton scores up for review:

- Lost in Space
    - Tombstone

Enjoy
  11. I love "Thru the Planet" from LiS. I think that's my favorite Broughton track (in my admittedly limited exposure to his stuff).
  12. christopher wrote
    I love "Thru the Planet" from LiS. I think that's my favorite Broughton track (in my admittedly limited exposure to his stuff).

then you have at least great taste, because that's indeed one awesome track wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2009
    Last Rites has been released by Intrada... this one sounds like a good one.
  13. Southall wrote

It does indeed!

From the clips this may be turn out to be my favourite Broughton score (which, for me, won't be too hard.)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2009
    I enjoyed the clips a lot.
  14. Southall wrote

and it's already SOLD OUT shocked

not even one day, amazing
  15. Intrada has released a CD with some (all?) of his score to the pilot of the TV series "J.A.G.":
    http://www.store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6484/.f