• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2010 edited
    It depends entirely on the game, because some are hugely interactive that you just don't want to miss out on the actual game score. Or I just never played any of my own music, even though other music could have enhanced the experience. I switch a lot between scores, classical music and semi-scores.

Some examples of 'scores' I've listen(ed) to (a lot) while gaming:

Perfect Dark (multiplayer): Patrick Casidy/Lisa Gerrard - Immortal Memory, Craig Armstrong - Piano Works
    Need for Speed: Most Wanted : Roy Budd - Buddism , Armand Amar - Home , Eleni Karaindrou - To Vlemma Tou Odyssea
    Goldeneye - David Arnold - Tomorrow Never Dies, Piero Piccioni - Camille 2000
    Pilotwings 64 - Eleni Karaindrou - To Vlemma Tou Odyssea
    The puzzle bobble series: Craig Armstrong - Piano Works, Zbigniew Preisner - Between Strangers/Kouarteto Se 4 Kiniseis
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2010
    Looks like you need some new games (and possibly a new console).

I often listen to my own music when I play games. Unfortunately a PS3 doesn't allow you to play (i.e. integrate) your own music in the game like an Xbox does, but I get round that by plugging my iPod into the speaker system and playing the game sounds through the TV. Just Cause 2 is a great mess around, free roaming game to play your own music to. It has a terrible score, so I have to listen to something else! (Ironically other game scores.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2010
    Never really did that, I guess... except in Battlefield Vietnam, where you could put your own mp3's into a folder, and listen to them while using the vehicles. The default songs in the game were great, I just added some more songs from that era, to enhance the mood... great fun! smile