• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2016 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    And now we've lost Dave Brubeck! sad
    OK, 91, which is lovely. But still. Jeez...

Oh noes!!

It was bad enough when we lost him in 2012 and now we lose him again in 2016? Bummer! sad

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Brubeck

Hah? Now THAT is interesting! There was a news flash on a Dutch news site last night, which triggered me.
    Tried to find it just now, but it appears to have gone....small surprise. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2016 edited
    On the plus side I did listen to Take Five cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2016
    Very sad to hear of the death of AA Gill, a columnist in The Sunday Times for many years. One of our finest writers. Only 62. Cancer.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2016
    Zsa Zsa Gabor.

99 is a bloody good innings and some but to be honest I thought she'd left the building years ago.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2016
    Timmer wrote
    Zsa Zsa Gabor.

99 is a bloody good innings and some but to be honest I thought she'd left the building years ago.

Same here. I think she was hospitalised quite a few times a few years back (which as I remember was fairly extensively reported on), which is likely why everybody basically already "wrote her off", so to speak.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Rick Parfitt of Status Quo has died.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. And now George Michael.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. Oh, man. I hope Heaven doesn't have bathrooms.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. face-palm-mt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2016
    justin boggan wrote
    Oh, man. I hope Heaven doesn't have bathrooms.

Classy.

George Michael was part of my childhood, and although I've never listened to his stuff very much, he's an ingrained part of our popular culture. I knew he'd had his bouts with alcoholism and drugs, but I had no idea he was terminally ill. Terrible news.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    but I had no idea he was terminally ill

Me neither. I've heard nothing about him being terminally ill. Am I missing something?
  5. He probably just kept it private, just like Bowie did.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'd rather hear facts than supposition. Has Thor heard/read something I didn't?
  6. I understood Thor's remark as a general reference to Michael's live having been troubled by drugs and alcohol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2016 edited
    That's right. The signals from his apparatus suggests he died 'peacefully' in his home, which again suggests an illness that had finally entered its final phase, not an overdose or anything like that.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. The official news talk of heart failure.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2016
    Sorry guys, Carrie Fisher has gone sad
  8. Timmer wrote
    Sorry guys, Carrie Fisher has gone sad

sad

Just watching it on the news now.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  9. She has become one with the Force.
    Very sad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Omg. And she was only 60. sad

A legend!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's sad to see someone who had such a hand in creating an absolute icon of pop culture pass on.
    I'm glad she was still there to offer the transition of the Star Wars legend to a new generation.

For the rest her life was a pretty damn tortured one. I was always quite sure Debbie would outlive her. I just hope in the end she was free of pain and aware of her loved ones being near. She has felt so very alone for such a big part of her life.
  10. Very sad news. sad
  11. Richard Adams
    author of "Watership Down" has died 96 years old. Honestly I had no idea he was still alive. "Watership" is among my favourite fantasy novels.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2016 edited
    Martijn wrote
    I was always quite sure Debbie would outlive her.

Though possibly not by much. Christ on a bike. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2016
    Martijn wrote
    Christ on a bike. slant

That explains why he's not there on time to save all these celebrities.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2016 edited
    Steven wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Christ on a bike. slant

That explains why he's not there on time to save all these celebrities.

lol

I am so glad I didn't have a mouthful of liquid when I read this. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2016
    Martijn wrote
    Martijn wrote
    I was always quite sure Debbie would outlive her.

Though possibly not by much. Christ on a bike. slant

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/debbi … 201949432/

This is tragic. I can only imagine this was due to broken hearted shock.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yes, it seems so. I've always found it bizarre how some people can "will" themselves into dying, especially in situtuations like these, or where an elderly spouse is left behind.
    I am extremely serious.
  12. I don't think that it's willing oneself to death, it's more like giving up living. It's a big difference.

I saw it in my dad after my mum died. He just didn't enjoy being around anymore and, more or less, just gave up. He did have advanced cancer (we didn't know at the time) but I do believe that his giving up completely accelerated the progress of his illness and he was gone 6 months after mum.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I don't think that it's willing oneself to death, it's more like giving up living. It's a big difference.

I saw it in my dad after my mum died. He just didn't enjoy being around anymore and, more or less, just gave up. He did have advanced cancer (we didn't know at the time) but I do believe that his giving up completely accelerated the progress of his illness and he was gone 6 months after mum.

Yes, I can echo that experience: exactly the same dynamic with my parents (in reverse order to yours).
    Both gone wihtin a year.