• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Here is a trailer for "Life" in unfortunately crappy quality;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/browse.html/ … =306220031
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009 edited
    Something about that trailer doesn't add up. The narrator says it's been in the working for more than 4 years (I assume it's not 5 or otherwise he'd have said "more than 5 years in the working") and that they had 3000 filming days around the globe. Assuming it took them 5 years to make this after all, wouldn't it still make around 1825 filming days (at its very best)?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009
    My guess is its got something to do with them working in teams?
  2. Sylvos wrote
    Something about that trailer doesn't add up. The narrator says it's been in the working for more than 4 years (I assume it's not 5 or otherwise he'd have said "more than 5 years in the working") and that they had 3000 filming days around the globe. Assuming it took them 5 years to make this after all, wouldn't it still make around 1825 filming days (at its very best)?

10 units x 300 filming days each = 3000 filming days (that's not what they did, i imagine, but it's how it might have been done)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am

3. 10 units x 300 filming days each = 3000 filming days (that's not what they did, i imagine, but it's how it might have been done)

---
  4. Plus, you have to plan, write, get approval from the studio, budget, find crew, so forth.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2009
    John Chambers wrote
    Here is a trailer for "Life" in unfortunately crappy quality;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/browse.html/ … =306220031

Watched the first episode tonight - great, as expected. Particularly loved the Brazilian monkeys cracking their nuts!

The music (curiously billed to "George Fenton and The Life Band") was very much a case of not changing a winning formula. I didn't detect quite the spectacular highlights evident from the first episode of Planet Earth, but would be first in line for a soundtrack album (and note that, slightly worryingly, none has yet been announced).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2009
    Still no sign of a soundtrack album sad . This week's episode (about birds) was the strongest yet and featured probably the strongest new "film music" I've heard this year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2010
    Fenton's new score for The Bounty Hunter has just been released. Anyone heard it? Any comments?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    No. But I want it.

Hope that helps.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    It does help - a lot.

I suppose I might buy it then.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    What label has it been released on? I can't find it on Amazon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    That's because you're not looking very well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Lucky for Steven you looked James, Steven can buy it now, lucky Steven.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Are you buying this stuff, for sure?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ah, right. I couldn't find it on Amazon.co.uk.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2010 edited
    You're a nationalist prick aren't you? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    European scum.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    You're a nationalist prick aren't you? biggrin

Lucky Steven.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. Review of Groundhog Day
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2012
    Revisiting an old favourite... review of We're No Angels:

http://www.movie-wave.net/?p=2314
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2012
    I DEMAND THAT SOMEBODY RELEASES GEORGE FENTON'S MUSIC FOR FROZEN PLANET.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2012
    Southall wrote

Same here, sadly.
  6. Well, a frozen planet would mean Hell is frozen over, too, so maybe one day!

smile (frozen icon)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2012
    Southall wrote

I approve of this post.
  7. Has anyone seen the PLANET EARTH or BLUE PLANET live music in concert shows? I'm curious how prominent the narration is and whether the music has a chance to breathe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2012
    I saw the Blue Planet one some time ago. It was handled very well. David Attenborough's narration was fairly sparse and timed to allow the music be at the fore at all the right moments.
  8. What concerns me is that the guest narrators for the Sydney performances are somewhat less esteemed! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2012
    Being in the same room as Attenborough - one of my heroes - was somewhat awe-inspiring, I have to say, in a way I haven't really experienced with other heroes I've been lucky enough to see in person. That man could talk over music for as long as he wants as far as I'm concerned!