• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2007 edited
    punk

World Premiere: Live Soundtrack “The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring”

The 21st Centruy Symphony Orchestra, Chorus and Solists will performe Howard Shore’s Oscar®- and Grammy Award®-Winning Score for “The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring”, conducted by Ludwig Wicki. Howard Shore will be attending the concerts!

After having had a very compelling concert back in March 2007 attended by Oscar®-Winner Howard Shore and a successful performance of the “Lord of the Rings”-Symphony in May 2007, Shore is once again returning to Lucerne, Switzerland, to attend the live performed complete score of the first installement of the “Lord of the Rings”-Trilogy, “The Fellowship of the Ring”.
    Based upon the theatrical cut of the movie, the 21st Century Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Ludwig Wicki, will perform the original score live and accompagnied by the Oscar®-winning blockbuster on the big screen in one of the most popular and renowned concert halls in Switzerland, the KKL in Lucerne (Link: http://www.kkl-luzern.ch/navigation/top … cale=en_GB). The orchestra will be enhanced with chorus and soloists.
    You don’t wanna miss this!

Saturday, 23rd of February 2008, 19:30 local Time
    Sunday, 24th of February 2008, 17:00 local Time
    KKL Lucerne, Concert Hall
    “The Fellowship of the Ring”

Pre-Ordering Tickets here:

Event Management ArtProductions:
    http://www.artproductions.ch (german only)

KKL Ticket-Service Online:
    http://www.kkl-luzern.ch/navigation/top … efault.htm (english)
  1. Wow, this sounds like an event I wouldn´t miss... if it came anywhere near me. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2007
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Wow, this sounds like an event I wouldn´t miss... if it came anywhere near me. sad

Indeed sad
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    This is going to be fantastic!
    Three hours of LotR bliss :-)
    Eventually we're also able to get Doug Adams down here to Luceren, Switzerland, for an exclusive pre-concert lecture.

Stay tuned!

all Best,
    BasilB
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    ...and people still can't get enough, eh?

Looks like ol' Ralph was right (even though it might help that it's around that time of year where people first went and saw the films, so already an element of nostalgia may be creeping in).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    @Martijn
    What was ol' Ralph right with?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh sorry: I refered to (I think?) the Howard Shore thread. Ralph Kruhm and I had a discussion about the lastability of Shore's music. I wasn't so sure (I was about to write "shore"biggrin ) that the music for The Lord Of The Rings would continue to have an appeal to people in years to come. Ralph argued it would for several reasons.
    Well, it would be a bit redundant repeating the whole discussion here now, but it just looks form this initiative and the initial public reaction, that The Lord Of The Rings surely is going strong still, musicwise!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hey! angry I said that too! angry
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah, but you didn't mean it. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    crazy All that stuff about orchestras having LOTR in their repertoire today and that little essay i wrote for nothing?!!??! WHY YOU $(%*#)($* crazy
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. That was personal biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah, but he didn't mean it. biggrin
  3. So what? biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Just keeping with the theme. wink
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2007
    Ah okay. Got it.
    Jep, I also think that the music of the Lord of the Rings-Trilogy will last quite a bit longer.
  4. At least until 2057. Just to prove I´m right. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Í'll be here! We'll see who gets to bash whose wheelchair in with his cane!
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Just as a Reminder!

Pre-Concert-Ticket-Sale available over at artproductions.ch (german) and on the 12th of Decembre 2007 it also starts to get regularly available on the KKL-Luzern.ch-Page:
    Link: http://www.kkl-luzern.ch/navigation/top … efault.htm

First Sales have gone quite good. Let's all keep up...;-)

All Best,
    Basil
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2007
    Now officially on Howard Shore's Page:
    http://www.howardshore.com/news/
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2007
    I attended a free, outdoors LOTR concert here in Oslo two years ago. Music was great, of course, but the context wasn't. Read my report here, if you're interested:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=1

Unlike the concert mentioned in this thread, though, Howard Shore was not present. Unfortunately.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2007
    I've been to Lucerne. I'll probably be going again next year.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2007
    Dear Mr. Southall,

I'd be very pleased if you would come to Lucerne for the "Fellowship" Concert.
    Just out of curiosity: what concert did you attend in Lucerne?

All Best,
    Basil
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2007
    Dear LotR-Music-Fans,

I'm pleased to announce that Doug Adams will attend the "Fellowship of the Ring"-concert in Lucerne.
    We're planning to bring you an exclusive "Pre-concert"-lecture with Doug Adams and Howard Shore. They will talk about the Score for the "Fellowship" and Doug also plans to say a few words about his up-coming book "The Music of the Lord of the Rings".

All best
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2008
    Hey everybody,

Well, here is a small up-date depending the Fellowship-concert in Lucerne. The two concerts in February (23rd and 24th) are almost sold out! So we decided to do another concert on March 29th 2008. So everyone, who has not yet the chance to get a ticket, mark march 29th in your appointment calendar.

All best,
    -BasilB
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2008
    Hi there,

so 8 more days to go until the Fellowship of the Ring-Concert is about premiere in Lucerne.

The concerts for February are both completle sold out. Because of the hugh interest for those concerts we deciced to bring you two more concerts on March 29th and 30th 2008.

Join in there.

All best ,
    -Basil
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2008
    Hi there,

It took some time to sort things out but now it can finally be officially announced.

Howard Shore and Doug Adams will attend the two Fellowship-Live concerts in Lucerne, Switzerland, to talk about the music and the up-coming LotR-book and other projects!!! punk

Saturday, 29th of March 2008, 6:30 pm pre-concert-talk with Howard Shore and Doug Adams, 7:30 pm concert beginning

Sunday, 30th of March 2008, 5:30 pm pre-concert-talk with Howard Shore and Doug Adams, 6:30 pm concert beginning

I hope, a lot of fans will make the way to Lucerne to listen to this incredible music and to Doug Adams and Howard Shore!

Cya there,
    -Basil