• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2007 edited
    This is a silly thread.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2007
    Good to see you resurrecting this old chestnut!

I'll give some input as soon as I have my top 5's sorted, but rest assured it will look absolutely nothing like your list at all! smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2007 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Good to see you resurrecting this old chestnut!

I'll give some input as soon as I have my top 5's sorted, but rest assured it will look absolutely nothing like your list at all! smile

I certainly hope not... I would not what to have your taste in music. wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    What an odd thing to say? confused
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote

Didn't see the wink, huh? I put a couple of more in my original post just in case.

-Erik-
  1. A couple? biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    Martijn wrote

Didn't see the wink, huh? I put a couple of more in my original post just in case.

-Erik-

I saw the wink. I just don't get the remark, whether it was serious or not (and I know it wasn't serious). I mean it's not that I'm offended or hurt or anything.
    I just miss the connection.

It's like I say "I hate green peas", and you saying "well, I'm glad I don't have your taste, because I love green peas". It's not actually a counterpoint.
    If you'd actually have my taste, you wouldn't like green peas either, so it's not actually something to be glad or unglad about, as you wouldn't mind not liking green peas if you'd have my taste.
    That's all I meant. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Holy Jesus! Do you over analyze EVERYTHING?! Martijn... it's a fucking joke. Get over it!!!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Buddy, do you overreact to EVERYTHING? wink

I simply say I don't get what you're saying. If it's a joke, I don't get the joke (however many winks you add)!
    And that's fine. I'm happy to shrug it off and move on. I was just trying to explain what it was I didn't understand. Surely that's not an overanalysis? (It may be construed as an analysis of my own confusion, but that's only to try and not befuddle the reader. I like to explain what I mean. Avoids confusion. smile )
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    If I had your taste in film music then I wouldn't have those 10 scores that I listed above on my Top 10. So, that would suck LARGE!!!!

Holy shit... I just dedicated 5 minute of my time (editing, re-writing, condensing, etc) just to explaining a stupid joke in the simplest ofterms. Martijn, does doing stuff like this... and when I mean stuff, I mean over analyzing the stupidest of things... just make you wanna blow your brains out because you've wasted 5 minutes of you precious live on something as meaninglessly as this?!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    confused
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    confused

Tell me about! I should re-name the topic and start a Top 10 of 2000 somewhere else.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am more surprised by your reaction to tell you the truth Erik, i am not sure why you got it like that whilst i am positively sure on the other side that Martijn didn't mean anything bitter by it. The p.m road is what i'd advice now though for the topic not to be screwed further.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Here is the NEW Top 10 of the 2000's thread.

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … 0s/#Item_1

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    I am more surprised by your reaction to tell you the truth Erik, i am not sure why you got it like that whilst i am positively sure on the other side that Martijn didn't mean anything bitter by it. The p.m road is what i'd advice now though for the topic not to be screwed further.

IT WAS A STUPID JOKE!!!! A FRIGGIN' JOKE.

Ok, it was a bad one... but I mean... come on already!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am talking about this

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … e/#Item_10
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    If I had your taste in film music then I wouldn't have those 10 scores that I listed above on my Top 10. So, that would suck LARGE!!!!

It wouldn't, as when you would have my taste you wouldn't mind these scores not being there. tongue

Holy shit... I just dedicated 5 minute of my time

Buddy, I already wrote: "I'm happy to shrug it off and move on", so yeah...you did waste your time! biggrin . But that's OK. Better here than anywhere else, right? wink

Anyway, I'm still going through my database.
    It's actually quite a lot of work: it's not like I could easily pick a "best score per year", so I'm compiling top 5s per year...which is freaking hard in itself... let alone that those still have to be condensed into a decade's top ten!

Man, talk about a waste of time! I'll never be able to explain why I'm doing this to anyone not into score collecting! biggrin But hey, anything for another cool thread (and we're bound to go off-topic again a zillion times before this thread is full... it's just the way of things... smile ).

So...to be continued!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Hehe, I know how annoying it is to make a stupid joke and get serious reactions for it.

Peter biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    OK. here we go: top 5 shortlist per year (and it's been hard cutting some favourites out in preference of others! sad )

Personal bests of 2000
    Czas Cyganow - Goran Bregovic
    Dinosaur - James Newton Howard
    Chicken Run - John Powell / Harry Gregson-Williams
    Jaws - John Williams (McNeely rerecording)
    Gladiator - Hans Zimmer

Personal bests of 2001
    A Knight's Tale - Carter Burwell
    The Mists Of Avalon - Lee Holdridge
    Fellowship Of The Ring - Howard Shore
    The Shipping News - Christopher Young
    Black Hawk Down - Hans Zimmer

Personal bests of 2002
    Die Another Day - David Arnold
    The Touch - Basil Poledouris
    Road To Perdition - Thomas Newman
    Frida - Elliot Goldenthal (even though it's mostly folk songs)
    Kilimanjaro - Alan Williams

Personal bests of 2003
    Ned Kelly - Klaus Badelt
    Stara Basn - Krzesimir Debski
    S.W.A.T. - Elliot Goldenthal
    Paycheck - John Powell
    Johnny English - Edward Shearmur
    Shade - Christopher Young

Personal bests of 2004
    Resident Evil: APocalypse - Jeff Danna
    The Incredibles - Michael Giacchino
    House Of Flying Daggers - Shigeru Umebayashi
    The Bourne Supremacy - John Powell
    Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban - John Williams

Personal bests of 2005
    The Legend Of Zorro - James Horner
    Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire - Patrick Doyle
    The Promise - Klaus Badelt
    Revenge Of The Sith - John Williams
    Mr. & Mrs. Smith - John Powell

Personal bests of 2006
    Doctor Who - Murray Gold (TV score)
    Tokyo Drift - Brian Tyler
    The Nativity Stor - Mychael Danna
    Superman Returns - John Ottman
    Dead Man's Chest - Hans Zimmer

Personal bests of 2007 (so far)
    ...nothing yet... (but obviously there's a lot I haven't heard).

Now, I'm gonna let this sink in for a while, and then try and compile a Top Ten...