• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2010
    MovieScore Media presents

LES DEUX MONDES
    Music Composed and Conducted by
    Richard Harvey

Sound clips and more info:
    http://www.moviescoremedia.com/deuxmondes.html

CD distributed by Screen Archives Entertainment:
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_det … PRE-ORDER/

Album available on CD only

We are proud to be working for the first time with veteran composer and instrumentalist Richard Harvey, whose previous scores include Luther, Death of a President, television movies Animal Farm and Arabian Nights and who worked for Hans Zimmer on films such as The DaVinci Code and Beyond Rangoon.

In 2007, Harvey composed a completely breathtaking adventure score for the French fantasy comedy Les deux mondes. As a homage to the big film epics, Harvey penned a very inspired, dramatic orchestral score (recorded in London) with substantial choral elements, solo voices and solo instruments such as duduk, recorder, ukulele and mandolin. The score also features such novelties as Zotanian chanting and Bégaménian horns!

Music is highly entertaining and features both epic themes, huge action setpieces, strikingly vivid scherzos and softer romantic writing. Highly recommended to fans of big orchestral epics!

Track titles:
    1 A Tyrant's Dinner 3.55
    2 Another World Calls 2.39
    3 A Levitating Cat and A Strange Journey 4.37
    4 Nobody Believes Me! 5.05
    5 Our Saviour 1.19
    6 The Golden Stones 1.45
    7 Duel with Zotanians, Next to the Fridge 1.44
    8 Les Deux Mondes Theme 0.40
    9 The Eve of Battle 3.32
    10 7 Women... For Me? 1.31
    11 The Heat of Combat 3.25
    12 3000 Soldiers and a Tree Trunk 2.32
    13 Building a Kingdom 2.12
    14 Van Gogh Paint La Gioconda 4.09
    15 Reign and Revolution 4.17
    16 Back to Paris at Night 0.53
    17 Final Duel with Zotan 3.33
    18 Both Worlds Are Dangerous Now 3.06
    19 Maleedja and Le Pont d'Asnieres 1.48
    20 The Beach and The Totem 2.38
    21 Les Deux Mondes End Titles 3.35
    22 Call to Arms of the Begamenians 2.58

MMS10017 LES DEUX MONDES (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
    Music Composed and Conducted by RICHARD HARVEY
    Release date (CD only): September 7, 2010
  1. I've heard a lot of people mention that this score is great. Has there been a CD release of this already? Or was everyone talking about the score as heard in the film? Anyway, this is on my list of things to get.
  2. It has already been available for purchase as a download on places like Amazon (and iTunes?). That's probably where the initial interest was generated.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2010
    Cool! I remember liking a track that Peter sampled for one of the GTS games. Even if I'm trying not to buy any cds, this is tempting.
  3. I'm buying it, big fan of Richard Harvey, and I absolutely love this album

Thanks Mikael smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2010
    Harvey is the ANIMAL FARM guy, right? I love that score.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    BhelPuri wrote
    Cool! I remember liking a track that Peter sampled for one of the GTS games. Even if I'm trying not to buy any cds, this is tempting.

punk

Glad it made such a good impression. This album has some extraordinary tracks. That said, it's also somewhat shifty. There are some great moments, but also less interesting underscore. It's the kind of album that would make the most extraordinary suite ever, but try listening to it in full, and you'll inevitably find yourself bored from time to time.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Thor wrote
    Harvey is the ANIMAL FARM guy, right? I love that score.

Yep, that dude. And the dude who made that Da Vinci code thingy. I've never heard anything from him that I didn't like. I don't get why he isn't more in demand.

I still need to check out more of his stuff though.

Peter smile
  4. A Stanley Myers guy, like Zimmer. Harry Gregson-Williams also worked at Little Yard, he was Harvey's assistant originally.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website