• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

WATERTOWER MUSIC JOINS THE WINCHESTER BROTHERS ON THEIR FIGHT AGAINST HEAVEN AND HELL WITH THE SUPERNATURAL SOUNDTRACK

The Music From Seasons 1-5, Composed By Jay Gruska and Christopher Lennertz,
    To Be Released on September 7th

(September 8, 2010 – Los Angeles CA) WaterTower Music and The CW are thrilled to announce the September 7, 2010 release of Supernatural – The Original Television Soundtrack Seasons 1 – 5. This 18-song collection highlights some of the most poignant musical moments from the first 5 seasons of The CW’s hit show Supernatural. For the first time ever, this music will be available to the viewing and listening public. The music on the collection was composed, orchestrated, and produced by Jay Gruska and Christopher Lennertz.

“Icing on the cake, is the phrase that comes to mind with the release of this Supernatural soundtrack” says Gruska. “The fantastic experience of working on the show, with its great creative team, the wide range of musical styles, and the coolest of fans, has made for an awesome 5 seasons. Working with WaterTower Music to release the soundtrack was a pleasure because they were really interested in, and trusted Chris and I to represent the score of the show as we saw fit.”

Lennertz adds “In five amazing years, we've gone from Kripke's twisted mind to the hearts of millions of die-hard fans. Our heroes have lost their mother, father, and loved ones all while going to hell and back. They even stopped the apocalypse...and as composers, Jay and I couldn't have asked for better inspiration! Certainly, we couldn't have asked for a more supportive and amazing group of collaborators than the Supernatural family.”

Both Gruska and Lennertz are quick to point out their sincere appreciation to the Supernatural fans, who help to make the show a true success. The show boasts over 2 million fans on its Facebook page – and the demand for the soundtrack has been very strong. First day sales have far exceeded all projections.

The Supernatural soundtrack features perhaps the most colorful song titles in television music today. Fans will take an audio journey to their favorite Supernatural moments with songs like “Tears In Their Beers”, “Lilith Unfair”, “Blood Drops Keep Falling On My Head”, “The Meatsuit Mambo”, and many more.

Track List
    1. And So It Begins...
    2. Luci’fer, You Got Some 'Splainin' to Do!
    3. Isn't It Bromantic?
    4. Demon Agitato, Mr. Ostinato
    5. Dean's Dirty Organ (Brother's Gtr Theme)
    6. Americana
    7. The Greatful Undead
    8. "Salmon Dean" In the Heartland
    9. Blood Drops Keep Falling On My Head
    10. Old 'Monster Movie'
    11. Decapitation Variations
    12. Tears In Their Beers
    13. Gratuitous Sex and Violins
    14. Ruby: So Cute, So Creepy
    15. The Family Business/Elegy For John
    16. The Meatsuit Mambo
    17. Lilyth Unfair
    18. End Credits & Mo Guitar Grit

ABOUT SUPERNATURAL
    Twenty-six years ago, Sam and Dean Winchester lost their mother to a mysterious and demonic supernatural force. Subsequently, their father raised them to be soldiers. He taught them about the paranormal evil that lives in the dark corners and on the back roads of America ... and he taught them how to kill it. This haunting series follows the Winchester brothers as they crisscross the lonely and mysterious back roads of the country in their '67 Chevy Impala, hunting down every evil supernatural force they encounter along the way.

From Wonderland Sound and Vision in association with Warner Bros. Television, Supernatural stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles. The series was created by Eric Kripke and is executive produced by McG, Kripke, Robert Singer, Sera Gamble, Ben Edlund and Phil Sgriccia. Season six of Supernatural premieres September 17th - airing Friday nights at 9/8c on The CW.

###

For more information contact: cinemediapromo@yahoo.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2010
    A long overdue release ...
    Love the show !
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Love it too. Still, I expected much more music!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Yep , me too ...
    With a five season run and probably a sixth in the pipeline there's surely more material at hand !
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  2. I've finally begun with this series and I'm nearly at the end of season 1
    But I'm already loving it big time.

Wow, it's like X-Files but with two different protagonists. The humor's also different from Fringe but I"m smiling a lot when Dean and Sam are at it, and I love the basic stories (lots of direct quotes from other movies but with a different subplot all the same), plus I'm beginning to see the main story developing, which is pretty exciting considering the pilot is pretty spectacular.

Anyway, music wise it's pretty thin for now, but to say I'm loving it is an understatement. Very good effects too and some truly scary shit has got me hooked from season 1, knowing I've yet to sit through 7 more seasons is simply excellent news cool
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2012
    It's a great show. I didn't care much for the first season, but it gets really good by season 3 and 4. It's still pretty good. I've seen them all and currently waiting for the next season to be made.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Thor wrote
    It's a great show. I didn't care much for the first season, but it gets really good by season 3 and 4. It's still pretty good. I've seen them all and currently waiting for the next season to be made.

man, I already think it's good, so I'm definitely looking forward to the rest smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I've finally begun with this series and I'm nearly at the end of season 1
    But I'm already loving it big time.

Hey Thomas, glad you like it. Be perpared for what's coming, enjoy the ride beer

Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Wow, it's like X-Files but with two different protagonists. The humor's also different from Fringe but I"m smiling a lot when Dean and Sam are at it, and I love the basic stories (lots of direct quotes from other movies but with a different subplot all the same), plus I'm beginning to see the main story developing, which is pretty exciting considering the pilot is pretty spectacular.

The chemistry between the two main characters / actors is just spectacular, and the way their relationship evolves throught the seasons (some really strong dramatic stuff), and I love the supporting roles casting. I find the scripts really well written, and the humor is just the right one, combining perfectly with the more dark stuff.

About the 'main story', it really takes off in the first season, and it never stops! Yes, some 'monster of the week' episodes, but the main arc/s is/are never forgotten for more than 2-3 episodes, specially after season one.

Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Anyway, music wise it's pretty thin for now, but to say I'm loving it is an understatement. Very good effects too and some truly scary shit has got me hooked from season 1, knowing I've yet to sit through 7 more seasons is simply excellent news cool

Music is good enough. Not Lost, thematically-wise, of course, but pretty good.

I agree, the effects are very good, and as you say, some truly scary shit.
  4. Thanks Marcel,

I downloaded the first season, but after 15 episodes I was already convinced and I immediately bought the 1 to 5 season box on blu-ray, so you see: even downloading can have its perks for the industry wink

Anyway, can't wait smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Enjoy!

Let's see where you are when we meet in Ghent smile
  5. Marselus wrote
    Enjoy!

Let's see where you are when we meet in Ghent smile

we'll do
    though don't start telling me spoilers once you've drunk that fourth KWAK in a row wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2012 edited
    biggrin

Something tells me I won't have the chance to tell spoilers though. I'm afraid you'll have finished season seven by then...
  6. Marselus wrote
    biggrin

Something tells me I won't have the chance to tell spoilers though. I'm afraid you'll have finished season seven by then...

seven, don't think so,
    but the first five possibly

but perhaps I'll watch season 3 of Fringe in between that
  7. for now, have watched the best possible episode of Supernatural, which is in the middle of season 3

I'm not gonna spoil a lot, but people will definitely know which episode I'll be referring to if I say

Assault on Precinct 13 wink

What a thrill ride, excitement and shocker this one is
    Supernatural rules cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2012
    Indeed it does, and I'm happy that it's back on the air now, in its 8th(!) season.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2012
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I'm not gonna spoil a lot, but people will definitely know which episode I'll be referring to if I say

Assault on Precinct 13 wink

What a thrill ride, excitement and shocker this one is

I told you great episodes were coming wink And this one, wow!

Thor wrote
    Indeed it does, and I'm happy that it's back on the air now, in its 8th(!) season.

The first two episodes are great. I don't know if this ¡s gonna be the last season, but it definitely looks great.