• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. SILVA SCREEN RECORDS PRESENTS
    BAARIA
    Ennio Morricone’s Intense Score to Director Giuseppe Tornatore’s Autobiographical Epic

(New York, NY – August 12, 2010) Darker and sadder than Ennio Morricone’s recent work, the soundtrack for Giuseppe Tornatore’s Baaria is the maestro’s first feature film work in five years.

IMDB.com lists almost 500 films to Ennio Morricone’s credits. He is perhaps most famous for his cult scores for Sergio Leone’s 1960s Dollars trilogy and Once Upon A Time In America, and Brian De Palma’s The Untouchables. Morricone earned an honorary Academy Award in 2006 for Lifetime Achievement and has been nominated for 5 Academy Awards.

Baaria is the eighth score Ennio Morricone composed for a Giuseppe Tornatore film. Since his work on Tornatore’s Oscar Winning Cinema Paradiso in 1989, Morricone has scored all his subsequent films.

"I know that Ennio will give me every fiber of his musical sensibility,” said Tornatore, “and I know that his soundtrack will be extraordinary. I am certain of this before the project has begun".

"Despite loving the film very much,” said Morricone, “I believe I didn’t go overboard this time. I didn’t shoot all the artillery toward the sky I believe, except in some moments".

Tracklisting:
    1. Sinfonia Per Baarìa
    2. Ribellione
    3. Baarìa
    4. Il Corpo E La Terra
    5. Lo Zoppo
    6. Brindisi
    7. Un Gioco Sereno
    8. La Visita
    9. Un Fiscaletto
    10. Racconto Di Una Vita
    11. La Terra
    12. Verdiano
    13. Baarìa
    14. Oltre
    15. Prima E Dopo
    16. I Mostri
    17. L’Allegro Virtuoso Di Zampogna
    18. A Passeggio Nel Corso
    19. Il Vento, Il Mare, I Silenzi

CD: SILD1322
    RELEASE DATE: September 14, 2010

For more information contact: cinemediapromo@yahoo.com or visit www.silvascreenmusic.com
  2. I'd wager 50 or more of those credits on IMDB are inaccurate.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2010
    justin boggan wrote
    I'd wager 50 or more of those credits on IMDB are inaccurate.

Indeed. Several of them are movies or games using some Morricone snippet, usually from his westerns.

It's probably close to 450 though, so 500 isn't too far off.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2010
    This thread just reminds me of how long it's been since we've had a new Morricone score release. Baaria was first released about 10 months ago, and nothing new has seen the light since. sad

"The diary of Anne Frank" was apparently a great score, but no one wanted to release it. Instead we get tons of releases that has been released before. Not that they are unwelcome. I just wish some of these companies would look into some of these scores that haven't been released but sorely deserves it.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2010
    When I look at my post-2000 Morricone set, there's barely one score for each year. I think I don't have any for 2004 at all!

Mind you for some other older composers, that's normal: John Williams has slowed down a lot and John Barry has completely retired. But Ennio the man is still cranking them out. Why aren't every record company out there fighting to release any new title with his name?
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2010
    $$$$$$$$$$$
    listen to more classical music!