• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. John Chambers wrote
    Tron: Legacy

This is turning into an addiction!

But one that's healthy.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Different shows, different mediums, totally different musical needs. For what LOST is, he wrote some brilliant music too; no need to compare them.

I don't think anyone is comparing them... it's just a want for Giacchino to go back to the style that we MOH fans fell in love with in the first place.

-Erik-

Well we were comparing Djawadi's effort to Giacchino's for Medal of Honor, because that's normal, as the scores are written for the same series. But as the latest MOH was a clear reboot in the series, it demanded another kind of score, just a kind of score I'm not too fond of. But comparing will always be done, especially by me. I will always judge something compared to something else that came before it, if it's from the same family or medium, so to speak.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2011
    franz_conrad wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    I've run into a streak of mediocre lately with these disappointing scores:
    -Agora (Dario Marianelli)
    -Children of Men (John Tavener)
    -Cherry 2000 (Basil Poledouris)
    -Airport (Alfred Newman)
    -The Ninth Gate (Wojciech Kilar)
    -The Boy Who Could Fly (Bruce Broughton)
    -Notes on a Scandal (Philip Glass)
    -I Want to be a Shellfish (Joe Hisaishi)
    -The Ghost and the Darkness (Jerry Goldsmith)

There's absolutely no need to use offensive language. Forum members who do will be banned.

What? Differences of opinion not allowed?
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    KevinSmith wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    I've run into a streak of mediocre lately with these disappointing scores:
    -Agora (Dario Marianelli)
    -Children of Men (John Tavener)
    -Cherry 2000 (Basil Poledouris)
    -Airport (Alfred Newman)
    -The Ninth Gate (Wojciech Kilar)
    -The Boy Who Could Fly (Bruce Broughton)
    -Notes on a Scandal (Philip Glass)
    -I Want to be a Shellfish (Joe Hisaishi)
    -The Ghost and the Darkness (Jerry Goldsmith)

There's absolutely no need to use offensive language. Forum members who do will be banned.

What? Differences of opinion not allowed?

Oh good lord, Kevin. Michael was having some fun with you.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. Fun? Is that even allowed on MT? Isn't that a bannable offence?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    What? Is fun not allowed?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    What? Is fun not allowed?

-Erik-

Computer says 'no'.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. I'm serious, damn it. I want Kevin Smith banned for having an opinion.

biggrin
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Different shows, different mediums, totally different musical needs. For what LOST is, he wrote some brilliant music too; no need to compare them.

I don't think anyone is comparing them... it's just a want for Giacchino to go back to the style that we MOH fans fell in love with in the first place.

-Erik-

Well we were comparing Djawadi's effort to Giacchino's for Medal of Honor, because that's normal, as the scores are written for the same series. But as the latest MOH was a clear reboot in the series, it demanded another kind of score, just a kind of score I'm not too fond of. But comparing will always be done, especially by me. I will always judge something compared to something else that came before it, if it's from the same family or medium, so to speak.

Very unfair way to look at things: both towards the artists and composers themselves ('cause they don't do what they want, they're commisioned works) and towards yourself; if anything you listen, you quickly search and analyze and try to find resemblances, it will suck the fun out of it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    Fun? Is that even allowed on MT? Isn't that a bannable offence?

Did we ever put you to the corner for having fun? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Yeah... this isn't funtitles or mainfun.net! This is maintitles.net and we take are shit seriously!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Darn straight we do!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2011 edited
    If that's true then why the fuck hasn't a new Now Playing thread been started! Just look at how many pages there are in this thread. Over 100! shocked Can someone get on that and lock this old hunk of crap thread down... DAMMIT!!!

crazy

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2011 edited
    Yieaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I want to be .... THE THREADKILLER.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    kill kill kill
    kill kill kill
    kill kill kill
  5. NOOTTT
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    fireworks fireworks fireworks
  6. kevin, it didn't have to end this way...

last sigh
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    James Horner
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Apocalypto man, Apocalypto.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2011
    Timmer wrote