• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2012
    Demetris wrote
    TRON: LEGACY

Watched the movie tonight, this confirm this score's spot as the best score of the previous year for me. Every single scene is outstanding thanks to the mindblowingly good score. It's even better in the film than on the score alone. Excellent.

Just watched Tron: Legacy myself for the first time, and was going to write the EXACT same thing that you did. Totally agree that the score is even better within the movie, than on the album (and the album is pretty damn perfect) beer Hope this isn't the last score Daft Punk will do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2012
    New Tron is coming! http://collider.com/tron-3-tron-legacy- … ki/217942/
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2013 edited
    Here's Gorgio Moroder on the new Daft Punk album
    http://randomaccessmemories.com/

WARNING: there would be loud music wouldn't have gone amiss
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2013
    A warning there would be loud music wouldn't have gone amiss! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2013
    Ok.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2013 edited
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2013
    Bregt wrote

WARNING: there would be loud music wouldn't have gone amiss

uhm
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2013
    Their new album Random Access Memories is out on iTunes.
    Kazoo
  1. Bregt wrote
    Their new album Random Access Memories is out on iTunes.

Where?

Not out until 20th May here in the UK.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2013 edited
    Listened to it, overall not that many memorable songs as on the previous albums. Liked "Get Lucky" a lot and quite a few tracks sound like they could be an inferior B-side for get lucky (Loose yourself to dance, Give Life back to music, ...). Do love the hook on "Doing it Right". Maybe it'll grown on me, there are definitely some tracks that will make for good summer tunes but don't care for the mid-tempo tracks which this album has plenty.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2013
    Stupid question, do Daft Punk albums sound anything like Tron Legacy and do they have lyrics?
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2013 edited
    Nothing like Tron Legacy; all pop-electronica summery hip songs (good ones though). They have a very trademarked and recognizable sound with repeated 'distorted' vocal rhythmic voices and very groovy drum tempi. Their style has litle-to-nothing to do with tron legacy (i.e. inception le fused with electronica elements)
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Derezzed from Tron is what Daft Punk is.
    Kazoo
  2. Demetris wrote
    Nothing like Tron Legacy; all pop-electronica summery hip songs (good ones though). They have a very trademarked and recognizable sound with repeated 'distorted' vocal rhythmic voices and very groovy drum tempi. Their style has litle-to-nothing to do with tron legacy (i.e. inception le fused with electronica elements)

So their new, regular releases are really for the non-film music category?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    To be fair, though, Daft Punk has always used a lot of those 8-bit samples in their music, which are also all over TRON. But TRON is by far the most epic thing they've done.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Thor wroteBut TRON is by far the most epic thing they've done.

Yes, easily one of the best scores of that year, but of course it's catered to score fans more than it is to club goers biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Demetris wrote

So their new, regular releases are really for the non-film music category?

I would hazard an educated guess that their regular releases are really not your thing Alan.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2023
    I am preparing a review of Thomas Bangalter' Irréversible... Think of the contrast....
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2023
    Joep wrote
    I am preparing a review of Thomas Bangalter' Irréversible... Think of the contrast....

Contrast?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2023
    Tron against Irreversible, widely seen, from all perspectives....
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2023
    Joep wrote
    Tron against Irreversible, widely seen, from all perspectives....

True. To be honest, I can't remember much of the music from IRREVERSIBLE. I was so caught up in the (at times harrowing) film. Should give it a shot.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2023
    I'm very bummed that they broke up. There were rumours about a collaboration with Dario Argento (later debunked) and other things when they disbanded.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. We will always have Tron: Legacy.

Other than that, I am not much bothered!
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2023