• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2010
    The composer of the Inspector Morse series and many other things.

There are numerous of Morse releases on the market. I have just recently bought one release that was still missing in my collection: The Passion of Morse. The Morse suite is a great full symphonic development of the theme. The remaining cues are stunning as well! You've got a brilliant cello suite from ''From Truly, Madly Deeply'' and symphonic pieces from The Politician's Wife and Saint Ex. I cried.

Are there any other members who are familiar with this release? If not, go get it now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I don't see this release at either ScreenArchives or US Amazon. Where can I find it? I am intrigued.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorJoep
  1. I do like the Morse suite, and his simple (but effective) theme. Really gets to the heart of a character.
    HILARY AND JACKIE is also rather nice, from memory, although it's overshadowed by the Elgar Cello Concerto that dominates the film.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2010
    My first acquaintance was actually with the computer game BROKEN SWORD 2 back in the mid 90's. I'm not that familiar with him beyond that (and Morse), but I would like to check him out.

Wait....didn't he do some "world music" thing?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2010
    His score for Shopgirl is magical and quite haunting at times, easily my favourite of his so far. It really gives the film its bittersweet heart and soul.