• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2010
    Last fall and this past spring, award-winning composer Richard Jacques recorded his orchestral score for the new video game, James Bond 007: Blood Stone. Featuring actors Daniel Craig as Bond and Judi Dench as 'M', the game allows players to enjoy a brand new adventure as 007. ScoringSessions.com is thrilled to bring our readers photos from the brass sessions at Abbey Road, as well as three full-length audio tracks from the score!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
  1. Gonna have a listen of this later. His 'Headhunter' game score still packs a serious punch. Hoping it'll be in the same vein.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2010
    Despite using orchestra the brass sounds remarkably synthy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2010
    I think it's a very good score, even if you can't get over the feeling that Mr Jacques was asked to address the the Arnold sound as close as possible. And the composer did just that. He emulated the Arnold sound enough to provide convincing musical continuity. His take on Arnold doing a Bond theme isn't quite there in term of being Arnold inspired, but works well. Action cues are abundant, and fun to listen to. The quieter moments are fleeting and few. I love the Bond scores from David Arnold, so this score ended up being a bit of a brainless ear candy to pass the time until the new Kevin-Kiner-doing-David-Arnold's-Bond-sound, Goldeneye, get released.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    lp wrote
    I think it's a very good score, even if you can't get over the feeling that Mr Jacques was asked to address the the Arnold sound as close as possible. And the composer did just that. He emulated the Arnold sound enough to provide convincing musical continuity. His take on Arnold doing a Bond theme isn't quite there in term of being Arnold inspired, but works well. Action cues are abundant, and fun to listen to. The quieter moments are fleeting and few. I love the Bond scores from David Arnold, so this score ended up being a bit of a brainless ear candy to pass the time until the new Kevin-Kiner-doing-David-Arnold's-Bond-sound, Goldeneye, get released.

Can't believe how many times you said 'Arnold' in that paragraph! wink
    I am extremely serious.
  2. He was probably listening to Arnold while typing, I assume. But I could be wrong.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthortimme
    You can listen to an interview with Richard Jacques at www.filmmusicsite.com.
    He talks about the James Bond: Bloodstone score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2010
    DreamTheater wrote
    He was probably listening to Arnold while typing, I assume. But I could be wrong.

I thought I was listening to Arnold, but then I realized that it's just Richard Jacques doing (an excellent job!) a generic version of the Arnold sound.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2010
    Thor wrote
    lp wrote

Can't believe how many times you said 'Arnold' in that paragraph! wink

LOL. 6 times in one paragraph too. Quite redundant like some of those awesome Nicholas Dodd brass orchestrations.