• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2010
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwZ_VQMands

I hope you enjoy it. You will probably notice a Williams-esque feel to it with a touch of Horner. I did not do it completely intentionally, although I had listened to Far and Away fairly recently so that might have been it.

All comments/constructive criticism/suggestions are welcome.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  1. It's a pretty good piece for an orchestral beginner, definitely better than what I was doing at that particular point.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2010 edited
    Well, there are some nice thematic ideas in the sampled horn section, but I miss a little bit of development. The string ostinato thing that goes trough the whole piece is a little too repetitative and comes off a bit like an alarm clock that someone has forgotten to turn off. Would perhaps have been better if you had broken it up, taken a pause or otherwise developped it.

But keep working!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2010
    Thor wrote
    Well, there are some nice thematic ideas in the sampled horn section, but I miss a little bit of development. The string ostinato thing that goes trough the whole piece is a little too repetitative and comes off a bit like an alarm clock that someone has forgotten to turn off. Would perhaps have been better if you had broken it up, taken a pause or otherwise developped it.

But keep working!

Thor, assume that I have read your post on MainTitles, so you don't need to make the same post on FSM.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2010
    On film score message boards never assume anything.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2010 edited
    KevinSmith wrote
    Thor wrote

But keep working!

Thor, assume that I have read your post on MainTitles, so you don't need to make the same post on FSM.

OK, then. It's not always easy to know when there's no confirmation. But I'll do that from now.

If I can give you a useful advice, it would be not to label it your "best" composition yet, even if that may be what you feel. Makes it easier for critics to go for the throat. A "check out my new composition" would probably be better.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2010
    Someone has gone for the throat at FSM.
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2010 edited
    Timmer wrote
    On film score message boards never assume anything.

Make an ASS out of yoU and ME?

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2010
    Ah. Humour.
    One of your Earth emotions.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn