• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2010
    The Journey goes on!

“The Lord of the Rings Symphony”

The Highlights of Howard Shores score!

12 February 2011: «The Lord of the Rings Symphony», 7:30 pm

21st Century Orchestra
    21st Century Chorus
    Ludwig Wicki, conductor

KKL Lucerne, Switzerland

Tickets here:
    www.artproductions.ch
    info@artproductions.ch

“The Lord of the Rings/Howard Shore” Festival

All three scores performed live to the movies on big screen.
    This program is accompagned by three further concerts: “Symphonic Film Music of Howard Shore” (Aviator, The Fly, Seven, Silence of the Lambs etc.), “Chamber Music of Howard Shore” (Seven Pieces, Hughie, Piece for Celli, Spider, The Brood, Eastern Promises etc.) and “Themes of the Lord of the Rings” (with Doug Adams).

25 March 2011: «The Fellowship of the Ring», 7.30 pm
    26 March 2011: «The Fellowship of the Ring», 7.30 pm
    27 March 2011: «Themes of the Lord of the Rings», 11 am
    27 March 2011: «The Fellowship of the Ring», 5 pm
    28 March 2011: «Symphonic Music of Howard Shore», 7.30 pm (pre-concert talk with Howard Shore and Doug Adams, 6.30 pm)
    29 March 2011: «The Two Towers», 7.30 pm
    30 March 2011: «The Two Towers», 7.30 pm
    31 March 2011: «The Two Towers», 7.30 pm
    1 April 2011: «The Return of the King», 7.30 pm
    2 April 2011: «The Return of the King», 7.30 pm
    3 April 2011: «Chamber Music of Howard Shore», 11 am
    3 April 2011: «The Return of the King», 7.30 pm

21st Century Orchestra
    21st Century Chorus
    Akademischer Chor Zürich
    Luzerner Sängerknaben
    Ludwig Wicki, conductor

KKL Lucerne, Switzerland

Tickets here:
    www.artproductions.ch
    info@artproductions.ch
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2010
    Will the film dialogue still be in English?

I would LOVE to go to all three.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2010
    @ Anthony:
    Yes, the films will be shown in english, with german subtitles (the english original version is the only apropriate way to watch those movies!! smile )

Would be great to welcome you in Lucerne!

All best
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2011
    Also a Lord of the Rings concert in Rotterdam (4 & 5 June) at De Doelen:
    http://www.lordoftheringslive.nl/

Olalala!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Bregt wrote
    Also a Lord of the Rings concert in Rotterdam (4 & 5 June) at De Doelen:
    http://www.lordoftheringslive.nl/

Olalala!

Hmm, doesn't look like an officially concert... it's not confirmed on official sides...
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    So it's a bootleg concert?
    smile
  1. I read on Twitter/Facebook Doug Adams warning about bogus LOTR concerts. So, beware!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. FalkirkBairn wrote
    I read on Twitter/Facebook Doug Adams warning about bogus LOTR concerts. So, beware!

It's the Rotterdam Philharmonic, the grand broadcast choir (don't know the correct translation smile) and the national youth choir... so, maybe it is not official by the people of Shore, but it is not an thirde rate drumband.
    It's life Jim!
  3. digikleuter wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I read on Twitter/Facebook Doug Adams warning about bogus LOTR concerts. So, beware!

It's the Rotterdam Philharmonic, the grand broadcast choir (don't know the correct translation smile) and the national youth choir... so, maybe it is not official by the people of Shore, but it is not an thirde rate drumband.

No they are not. But I'd wait until it's actually confirmed on the orchestra's official website or from someone who is associated with the orchestra?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. FalkirkBairn wrote
    No they are not. But I'd wait until it's actually confirmed on the orchestra's official website or from someone who is associated with the orchestra?

It's also on the website of the venue: De Doelen
    http://www.dedoelen.nl/concertgebouw/in … ;idnr=5568
    It's life Jim!
  5. Cheers Mario.

I'm not trying to suggest that it was a bogus concert. Confirmation from two different sources is always a confidence booster! I'd certainly recommend a live Lord of The Rings concert!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2011 edited
    It's for the three years in row we'll have to go then, with FOTR this year.

Quite a bit of money, but not as far as the one in Switzerland (though much less interesting lucerning the location). Worth to go as it's only a 2,5 hour drive from here. I'm sure Joep will tag along, after he's sent us through all second hands shops and cool bars in the city.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    It's legitimate... just got confirmed and is now also up at Doug Adams' Blog:
    http://www.musicoflotr.com/

Sorry for stirring up doubts!
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2011
    Last chance for some last minute tickets for the up-coming "Lord of the Rings/Howard Shore" Festival vom 25 March till 3 April 2011:

25 March 2011: «The Fellowship of the Ring», 7.30 pm
    26 March 2011: «The Fellowship of the Ring», 7.30 pm
    27 March 2011: «Themes of the Lord of the Rings», 11 am
    27 March 2011: «The Fellowship of the Ring», 5 pm
    28 March 2011: «Symphonic Music of Howard Shore», 7.30 pm (pre-concert talk with Doug Adams)
    29 March 2011: «The Two Towers», 7.30 pm
    30 March 2011: «The Two Towers», 7.30 pm
    31 March 2011: «The Two Towers», 7.30 pm
    1 April 2011: «The Return of the King», 7.30 pm
    2 April 2011: «The Return of the King», 7.30 pm
    3 April 2011: «Chamber Music of Howard Shore», 11 am
    3 April 2011: «The Return of the King», 7.30 pm

21st Century Orchestra
    21st Century Chorus
    Akademischer Chor Zürich
    Luzerner Sängerknaben
    Ludwig Wicki, conductor

KKL Lucerne, Switzerland

Tickets here:
    www.artproductions.ch
    info@artproductions.ch
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I will be there!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I would be tempted if I had money to burn, as in I'd want to stay in switzerland for a reasonable amount of time to go hiking etc, switzerland is very expensive though.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2011
    Anthony wrote
    I will be there!

Great to hear!
    Cya soon and save travels!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2011 edited
    Basil, good to see you again! I don't suppose I could have the complete recordings CD's at a special price? I left all mine at home! sad

Jim, I saw you in the corner of the hall at the themes discussion this morning. Will try and find you later to say hello!

Are any other members here?
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2011
    I'll be at FOTR this evening and will be around for most of this week. If anyone wants to grab Howard Shore for an autograph, best do it this evening - he's flying back to NY tomorrow!
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2012
    Yesterday, with one my friends (Jesper Hansen, himself a composer), I attended the Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers concert in Rotterdam and it was without a doubt the most mindbogglingly awesome concert experience, I've ever had!

The Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra was absolutely excellent; so were the two choirs and the soloists, and the conductor had the most insanely perfect timing, you can imagine!

Sure, there were minor stuff which wasn't absolutely perfect; the voice and sfx track on the movie might have been dialled down a bit, and the mike could have been turned up a wee bit on the boy soprano, but those were minor details.

Superbly cool stuff (amongst many): The way all the performers managed to transition so perfectly from one cue to the other at the exact time the film cut from one scene to another. Also the way I sometime found myself so immersed in the film that I didn't actually realize that the orchestra had begun playing again: So perfectly did the performance fit with the film. And thirdly, the way the conductor managed to stay completely on cue, even when his click track began acting up (we were seated so we could see the conductor's screen perfectly).

Absolutely bloody amazing. Thanks, Netherlands, for this completely wonderful and truly epic experience. I'll be back next year for The Return of the King!
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2012
    I hope they come back to London. Lots of my friends like LOTR but have never seen anything like this and I think they would really enjoy it.