• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2010 edited
    Just ONE AT A TIME eh? Your favourite Christmas tunes, whether film score, songs or whatever....

Here's one of my favourites...

I BELIEVE IN FATHER CHRISTMAS

This has to be one of the most Christmasy songs ever.

More to come, please don't let it be just me posting here wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2010 edited
    That's the one that comes to mind for me.

If I had to pick another it would be Mud's "Lonely This Christmas". Not a cheery number but it reminds me of Christmas and the school disco and the chance of a slow dance.

Lonely This Christmas
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  1. Well,

I like Loreena McKennitt's Cd 'To drive the cold winter away'. See (or listen to) example below.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJMhvGLn … re=related

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2010
    The Star of Bethlehem.
  2. This is mine. First part that is.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2010
    ahaha brilliant!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    This is mine. First part that is.

sleep
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    ahaha brilliant!

Surprise, surprise! rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    cat
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    cat

Speaking of which, Gomez has just gone out......He's not a big fan of snow wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah, i envy you man. I've got 2 wonderful big fat female cats at my parents' home at Cyprus but i am not allowed one here wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Ah, i envy you man. I've got 2 wonderful big fat female cats at my parents' home at Cyprus but i am not allowed one here wink

Why?

Gomez seems 50/50 when it comes to snow, he was making me laugh the other day when he was frolicking and chasing his tail and running up and down the street, tonight he goes out and looks at me as if to say 'how come this is still here? why haven't you made the sun come back out?'

I can't win.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin

As for me, well, babe doesn't like cats. Turns out i should have changed first question when meeting someone hot. for a first time. Before "hi, i am D, what's your name?" i should have added "hi, do you like cats? y/n? bye bye".
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I can hear him at the window.....

opened the front door and he's dashed in like his life depended on it and is insisting on a feed.

G'night y'all wave
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    biggrin

As for me, well, babe doesn't like cats. Turns out i should have changed first question when meeting someone hot. for a first time. Before "hi, i am D, what's your name?" i should have added "hi, do you like cats? y/n? bye bye".

She'll come around to them.......eventually wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I've always loved "O Holy Night", what a beautiful and haunting song. I've been trying to learn it on guitar. "Mary's little boy child" is another favourite.

Among scores, I love Home Alone, Polar Express and 2009's A Christmas Carol.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    I've always loved "O Holy Night", what a beautiful and haunting song. I've been trying to learn it on guitar. "Mary's little boy child" is another favourite.

Among scores, I love Home Alone, Polar Express and 2009's A Christmas Carol.

Silent Night is my favourite carol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Mine is good ol' Jingle Bells. wink biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    The Nutcracker! smile
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  3. Ouch!

coat...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    This is one of my all time favourites : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8r54BwNVgM
    The message at the end is also for all of you here ... wink

Happy Holidays everybody !
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2010 edited
    fommes wrote
    The Star of Bethlehem.

That's definitely one of them! As is "O Holy Night" and a host of other classic carols (several Norwegian).

All in all, I have a TON of Christmas favs, so I wouldn't know where to start. It's usually more in the religious mode (both classical and film music), less of the pop songs - even though they have nostalgic value too.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas from Williams' Home Alone 2. I always sing that one along and loud.

And my favourite Christmassy score: The Polar Express.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  5. DreamTheater wrote
    This is mine. First part that is.

haha punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2010
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Ouch!

coat...

...it took 22 hours for me to get this joke tongue wink

Here some scores I feel more or less "Christmasy", though I spent and will spend normal days today and tomorrow... dizzy

Beauty & The Beast
    Toy Story
    The Holiday
    The Chronicles of Narnia 1
    Home Alone
    Toys song (Closing Of The Year)

and of course,
    Merry Christmas Mr.Lawrence theme by Ryuichi Sakamoto smile
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2010
    MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!

beer punk beer
  6. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY

And I wrote a small warm post here.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2010
    Silent Night performed by the Manhattan Transfer. Arrangement by Johnny 'Shadow of Your Smile' Mandel. Very moving
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2010
    sdtom wrote
    Silent Night performed by the Manhattan Transfer. Arrangement by Johnny 'Shadow of Your Smile' Mandel. Very moving

It is lovely Tom, in fact I think it's worth putting up here.

SILENT NIGHT